Hello STP NY soon to be trainhopper entering the community

Nyakua

Reaction score
hello my name is nyakua im currently 16m going to be on the run in just a few hours. im very new to this community and the lifestyle I will be living for a year until i turn 18. I hope to make great memories on this crazy journey in life. i dont know what state exactly ill be going but im gonna go west bound and just hope for the best.

D

Deleted member 125

I'll skip the speech about the dangers of being a underage runaway and all the stuff that hitchhiking and freight trains add to it because I'm sure youv either heard it all before or are going to hear it plenty. Good luck to you dude.

Welcome to stp.

D

Deleted member 8978

I welcome you aboard and I wish you safe travels, let us know if you ever get stuck on anything because there is a lot to learn about the rails.

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well at 16, you should stay in school instead of running away (if you're planning that. I don't know your situation) until you're 18. But here's my suggestion, at 16, get a job and save all your money (sure spend on things you need but not much). When you turn 18, you'll have money that you put away to travel; money helps of course, duh.

Study on train hopping on the Train Hopping posts on StP and videos such as YouTube on freight hopping. Even PM some members on StP who hop trains for advice.

Hang around outside (don't trespass) a railroad yard and study and observe. You may run into freight hoppers, ask them questions and advise.

I suggest you order the books: The Anarchist's Guide to Travel by Matt Derrick (creator of StP) you can purchase his book on this StP site, just click on, Store.

Read Josh Mack's book: The Hobo Handbook-
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1440512272/

By the time you're 18, you should be ready! GOOD LUCK!

• Agree
Reactions: L0s3r
D

Deleted member 26656

We have no clue what this kids situation is...he could be fleeing a bad situation, that's why certain states have laws that say you can't make a runaway go home.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads