Hello new friends, Id like to introduce myself. | Squat the Planet

Hello new friends, Id like to introduce myself.

G0PN1KB0T

Reaction score
Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself.
You can think of me as the Russian Troll or Gopnik Bot.
I'm a 30 yr old, sober, hard working, adult who's only taken a few short Freight rides. (Itching for more)
I love to travel, mostly up and down the west coast, never been East of Utah and havent left California in too long. I take a lot of day/ weekend trips around and live by the motto "never lost, always adventuring"

I work fulltime now and have become stagnant. I'm hoping that finally joining this site will give me the courage to switch that up. Now that I've acquired PTO I'd like to revisit the Slabs, and check out Goat Canyon trestle. Anyone have any good suggestions in the socal region?

I'd love to find some new cool spots to check out.

Attachments

• 1269740_753103411373569_940605586_o.jpg
    1269740_753103411373569_940605586_o.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: iamwhatiam

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't been to either of those places yet. Just wanted to say welcome! I'm big into surfing as well. One place I can think of (off the top of my head) in socal area that i really enjoyed was Sykes Hot springs in Big Sur. If you like to hike. It's a brutal 10 mile hike to get to the springs, but once you get there you are rewarded with some beautiful hot springs deep in the wilderness, to soak in that are right along a stream.

G0PN1KB0T

Reaction score
Haven't been to either of those places yet. Just wanted to say welcome! I'm big into surfing as well. One place I can think of (off the top of my head) in socal area that i really enjoyed was Sykes Hot springs in Big Sur. If you like to hike. It's a brutal 10 mile hike to get to the springs, but once you get there you are rewarded with some beautiful hot springs deep in the wilderness, to soak in that are right along a stream.
Awesome suggestion, the last time I passed through there I didnt have much time to explore. I paid an arm and a leg for a burger and a few gallons of fuel and pushed North.

Thank you for the welcome. I will definitely do my best to post some adventure stories and pictures in the future.

Reactions: iamwhatiam

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hey, it's funny you mention the goat canyon trestle, that's one of the first places on my list when i head out west from texas in march. bunch of cool train tunnels, the trestle, and some derailed trains out there worth checking out, it's been on my list for a while now. think you'll be out that way around then?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads