Hello!! New and stranded in MA

Starshineoverhead

Reaction score
Hey everyone!! New to the forums but been lurking the past couple years. Been travelling on and off the east coast atm and now I'm stranded in the Boston area. And many cities in mass seem to be against flying signs and haven't had much luck hitching in the area yet. Searched the forums before, but trying to see if anyone has hitched or travelled this area before and has any advice? Or spots that are better than others? Without going to western mass which seems to be easiest but hard to get to when broke. And my husband has an injury that prevents him from freight hopping, which seems to be the to go route. Trying to get to florida. Anywhoo, nice to meet all of you! Any ideas is appreciated:)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
loads of low cost bus companies to head to the big cities south

yeah it's been a while, but i remember taking china town buses from boston to nyc for like $15 and nyc to philly for $25. i even remember a rumor that there was a chinatown bus from nyc all the way to georgia for like $90, but then you're starting to look at greyhound prices. personally, i'd just take the bus from boston to philly and hop a train out of there going south to florida.

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Check out Megabus! Or take local public transit to the outer suburbs and hitch an on ramp. Hitchwiki.org has recommended hitching spots and other hitching info. If it's real cold out, you can try asking people at gas stations for rides. Good luck, stay warm

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads