Hello!! New and stranded in MA

Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Boston,Ma
Reactions
0% 0% 0%
Hey everyone!! New to the forums but been lurking the past couple years. Been travelling on and off the east coast atm and now I'm stranded in the Boston area. And many cities in mass seem to be against flying signs and haven't had much luck hitching in the area yet. Searched the forums before, but trying to see if anyone has hitched or travelled this area before and has any advice? Or spots that are better than others? Without going to western mass which seems to be easiest but hard to get to when broke. And my husband has an injury that prevents him from freight hopping, which seems to be the to go route. Trying to get to florida. Anywhoo, nice to meet all of you! Any ideas is appreciated:)

Tadaa

Wanderer
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Tallinn, Estonia
Reactions
95% 0% 5%
loads of low cost bus companies to head to the big cities south

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
loads of low cost bus companies to head to the big cities south
yeah it's been a while, but i remember taking china town buses from boston to nyc for like $15 and nyc to philly for $25. i even remember a rumor that there was a chinatown bus from nyc all the way to georgia for like $90, but then you're starting to look at greyhound prices. personally, i'd just take the bus from boston to philly and hop a train out of there going south to florida.

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Melbourne, AUS
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Check out Megabus! Or take local public transit to the outer suburbs and hitch an on ramp. Hitchwiki.org has recommended hitching spots and other hitching info. If it's real cold out, you can try asking people at gas stations for rides. Good luck, stay warm

Threads
Reactions
Current Location
In transit as per usual
Reactions
98% 1% 1%
Masshole here. South station. Commuter rail is you best friend