Hello my name is Bryce from South Africa

Vargas

Reaction score
Hi everyone. So just want to introduce myself my name is Bryce from South Africa and found this website on Reddit regarding vagabonding, which I have just started getting into. I was working in France but that's over with now.
I currently am in Spain and have been walking since Barcelona and am now in Tarragona, I'm planning on walking, hitchhiking down to Malaga.... hopefully. Any help or tips regarding doing this in Spain would be super helpful.
FYI i don't have any money haha and I don't have any real form of identification. So yeah thanks 🙏.

ali

Reaction score
I've only spent a couple weeks in Andalucía and had enough money to stay in paid accommodations, but i did do a fair bit of off trail hiking and walking along roads when i was down there.

This time of year it probably won't be too hot, but there are stretches, especially along Cabo de Gata to Almería city where it is very dry and you will need to bring more water than usual. If you're interested in sightseeing i do recommend to visit this area, it's pretty much the only real desert in Europe and feels really desolate in parts. Maybe not so exciting for you if you visited Northern Cape before, but the desert in Spain is way more easily accessible on foot.

There are a bunch of abandoned settlements and some cave houses in the Sierra Nevada around Granada area that might be interesting to poke round in, although if you went coastal way it'd be easier to just keep going through Motril.

Are you trying to get to the ferries? Around the roro ferries you're always bound to meet interesting characters and perhaps find rides too.

Good luck!

Vargas

Reaction score
Yeah I used to work in nature reserves and what not so kinda used to it, but hey I'll check it out and I heard about those caves I might just do that, yeah it's getting a bit cold but it's alright..

So far I go up in the mountains for 1,2 days walk around and reach the coast and walk along there for a while so kinda just up and down haha.

But hey thanks for that. Yeah would be great to find a companion of sorts

Marticus

Reaction score
30 years ago I went to la Playa San Pedro near Almeria. You had to hitch to a village called Las Negras, then hike north along the coast a couple of miles to this beautiful cove with ruins of a Moorish castle and lots of hippie punks living there. Amazing place. I hung out with an old a mystic artist dude who was a student of Dali for a few days, we ate pomegranates from the trees that grew there.
Your post reminded me of that trip so I googled the place and it looks like it’s still there. San Pedro Beach in Spain ➞ Cabo Gata Natural Park - https://www.cabogataalmeria.com/en/beach/san-pedro

Reactions: Vargas and ali

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@Vargas i've edted your title to be more descriptive.

Reactions: Vargas

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads