Hello! Just returned to the USA after 2 years abroad, looking to explore.

peachykeen

Reaction score
Just saying hello!

I just found this website about an hour ago, I just returned to the USA after about two years abroad and the reverse culture shock has been pretty hard. Especially since I've been hanging out with my mom and dad for a while now and as much as I love them I've reached the breaking point.

This year I plan on rediscovering my home country a bit, because it certainly isn't feeling like home at all. I've spent the past 6 years traveling on and off, and I remember this odd feeling last time I returned from a long stint abroad but it gets me every time haha. Right now I'm in Miami, FL, and will be until March (I haven't visited any of my old friends yet) and then I want to make my way towards the North East, and then out West by the fall. If anyone is driving around the states, or is around the east coast and wants to hitchhike up north let me know!

Great to find this site I'm happy I found a social network for misfit travelers :)

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
nice, welcome back! where did you travel through in your 2 years abroad?

Reactions: Kal

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome to STP - and what an awesome 2 year trip! Have fun back in the states!

Reactions: Kal

Kal

Reaction score
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to S.T.P Where in the Middle East and what is it like?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
sounds like there's a lot you can tell us! i'm especially interested in what your experiences were like in australia...

if you're looking for a travel partner check out the meet up section, and it sounds like you might be in the area for our next dirty scouts jamboree, which is a big party/gathering of folks from this website, so check that out here:

squattheplanet.com/fest

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads