hello from the Valley of the Sun

tumtum

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm Matt and I currently live in Phoenix, Arizona. I grew up around a lot of trains and sometime me and my friends used to catch locals and ride em through town. That was a while ago and we didn't really know what we were doing. The last couple days I spent reading nearly the entire train hopping forum (loads more info here than the other site..)

Anyway I love traveling and meeting new people. I'd like to meet up with some people here and get outta this desert wasteland. I don't really care where, I just wanna go on some trips with some nice people :) Looking forward to hearing back, later.

stove

Reaction score
welcome!

I'll be hitching down from Montana to Tucson next week, I've never really hopped freight but I've hitched a fair amount. I've got no idea what i'm doing down in Tucson other than meeting up w/my old university roommate, and eventually heading over to San Diego to meet up with pirate and hitch up the the StP gathering...If you're interested in hitching at all, I can stop off in your next of the woods on my way to San Diego.

tumtum

Reaction score
Good to hear that Arrow! Not sure if I can make it to the gathering, but I'll for sure be spending time in Oregon this summer.
Pirate- thanks, nice to meet you!
stove- Thanks! I haven't done any long distance hitching, but I might be down to try it. I'll let ya know in the next couple days if I can go. I really would like to be there for the gathering.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads