Hello from Sac-Town

RioBravo777

Reaction score
Greetings from California! My name online name is RioBravo, but I'm also known more commonly as Ian. I'm a senior in High School and one thing that Ive been wanting to do for quite some time is to go freight hopping, which is mainly why I came here. Overall I'm a pretty laid back person, I enjoy Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin along with all forms of jazz. I plan on studying theology in college next year but before I go off to work for the summer I plan on catching freight to Roseville CA (a town right next to Sacramento) to probably Reno or Portland. Ive fallen in love with the hobo culture this past year and it's been great getting to meet some train ridders in my town. If you guys have any advice for a novice train ridder I'd love to hear it.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Hobo Huck

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
89er on the greenfoots profile pic, not a bad start!

All Union Pacific bulls will take your pictures. I've been busted three times, and got a free digital picture every single time. They usually make you hold up your ID, or stand next to one of the No Trespassing signs. Then they give you the little citation, and then you hop out again later that night, and then the DA or Judge throws out your case in 45 days. Blah blah blah

Reactions: vdem1

West

Squatter Fodder
Reaction score
I'm in a very similar situation, minus meeting helpful train-hoppers.
I've recently gathered a lot of interest in the wandering lifestyle - especially hobo-related - and I plan on taking a year to try it out before college. If I like it enough... forget education.

Let me know if you find anything/anyone helpful!

Hobo Huck

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
I'm in a very similar situation, minus meeting helpful train-hoppers.
I've recently gathered a lot of interest in the wandering lifestyle - especially hobo-related - and I plan on taking a year to try it out before college. If I like it enough... forget education.

Let me know if you find anything/anyone helpful!

Did you just join STP? Welcome aboard future vagabond!

West

Squatter Fodder
Reaction score
I sure did! Thanks for the welcome! I posted my own introduction, but I dunno if it went through, I'll have to check! :)

I'm hungry for knowledge too, mind if I ask you any questions I might have?

Hobo Huck

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
I sure did! Thanks for the welcome! I posted my own introduction, but I dunno if it went through, I'll have to check! :)

I'm hungry for knowledge too, mind if I ask you any questions I might have?

Sure just PM me. If you have a shitload of basic/noobie questions, just message me instead of making a thread. Most of your answers can be found in this forum, just use the search engine. If you have anything particular, just PM me

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads