Hello from Richmond, Va

xACABx

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm 19, straight edge, and a type 1 diabetic.

I recently spent the last 4 months homeless/traveling around Boston. I met many travelers and freight kids which peaked my interests even more into freight hopping. I am hoping to find many tips/tricks on here how to alter my backpack, how to pack light, and how to survive freight hopping. And I am hoping that one day sometime later this Summer or Fall to find someone who's experienced in freight hopping that can meet me in Richmond, and possibly take me out west or maybe even just back to Boston. I'd love to spend a few months traveling the country and really learning what freight hopping is about.

Thanks everyone :].

xACABx

Reaction score
Welcome.
There are a bunch of threads on what to back and streamlining, also alot of rva people here.

I just spent the past hour actually reading about packs and what to bring/not to bring. I'm going to continue venturing around the site to see how to make alterations to my pack such as additional straps and whatnot, so I can attach various things on the outside. When I was homeless in Boston, I scored a hiking backpack, but I'm fairly petite and it's a lot bigger than anticipated.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads