Hello from Oregon

flashinglights

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm kind of a loner and bad at introductions, but I will say that I am preparing to do a lot of traveling this year and want to thank the posters here for all the useful info. I've been lurking around this forum for a little bit now, and it is refreshingly free of the bullshit, fearmongering and misinformed paranoia that so often pervades online discussion of travel/urban exploration/squatting/homesteading topics.

For me, I have spent a ton of time around trains and exploring abandoned buildings and all that in many cities, so I'm quite familiar with yard and building safety, train motions in the area and so on... plus walked and biked all over older cities out East, all of this often related to 'public art activities'... but sometimes just to see the sights, 'cause I'm also somewhat of a history buff. I hopped only once, from Vancouver WA to Olympia with a buddy which was a blast... that trip planted a seed and I have been hungering to ride again ever since. :goat:

I'm looking forward to travelling all over the country to visit far-flung family and friends this year, and see all the cities I always wanted to see, maybe even find a decent place to work, save and buy a place cheap for homesteading (*not* possible here in PDX, where there's little in the way of run down buildings or ghettos, nice if you have money but not if you're broke like me!)

That's about it, thanks for reading and safe journeys all! :yourock:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads