Hello, from Evansville. I'm new to this.

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
So don't criticize it? then don't post bland as fuck open questions, read some posts and do what ever you going to do, but when older people who have been doing what you are asking about for many years give you advice take what you like and ignore the rest.
seems to me you have alot of growing up to do, sticking to wanting to write, way better then what your asking about.
http://caitsidious.tumblr.com/
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001733300349&sk=info
STALKER! lol You're better at this shit then I am!

christianarchy

Reaction score
dont save up to ride trains, they're free. don't ride trains, get a job. quit your job, they suck. dont hitchhike alone. get a job. turn 18. ride trains.

bicycle

Reaction score
I hate tumblr blogs like that. Other than that..welcome on stp i guess.
and indeed go finish your education instead of riding trains.

Lincoln D

Reaction score
I want to hop trains and go around the US, change my life and basically explore everything I possibly can, to put it simply.

Hi Caitsidious - My advice is to start out with a couple of short-distance hops just to get the feel for what you're thinking about. If you do decide to hit the road for the long term, be careful.

Reaction score
someone posted a link to your blog. you said you are very bored. life is a very interesting thing, our society and education system, which im guessing you may be a part of, deaden it and wreck your mind. if you need ideas of things to do to not be bored and become a more self sufficient and capable person and travel here are things to learn: get off the internet more, don't watch tv, spend time outside, learn self defense, learn basic knots, learn about your body and health and alternative ways to take care of yourself, learn about nutrition and how to eat well, cook, buy food, etc, learn the plants and trees in your area, learn about wild edible and medicinal plants, read books (ones offering alternative histories and realities to what school and television teaches, not harry potter and twilight), learn an instrument, learn how to hand sew so you become punk as fuck or just practically make and fix stuff, learn about the history of America, who lived where you do now, how was our government set up and how does it work, plant a garden. If you do these things many more interesting things will start to come into your mind and you probably won't be so bored anymore. Educate yourself about life in general. stop watching tv and delete your facebook. don't get your legs chopped off. peace

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
also, caitlin, i would like to point out that there are many, many, other options for travel besides riding trains, some that are less dangerous (and some that are more), and some that are even more enriching than train hopping could ever be, without the drawbacks of homelessness, possible drug addiction, rape, losing limbs, etc.

im definitely not saying you *shouldn't* hop trains, but i just wanted to throw some other ideas out there, such as:

build a raft, float the mississippi.
get a job working for a national park, or trail building, etc, you can do this all year traveling around the country. http//coolworks.com is the best resource for this. i worked at yellowstone national park for the spring/summer and it was possibly one of the best summers of my life.
join the circus (seriously, look into it).
join the renaissance fair (kinda the same as the circus, travel, get paid, etc)
work abroad programs, etc
work on a boat, get free rides to lots of places in the world. you could work on a cruise ship, or as a deck hand for free passage plus earn some money.

these are just a few, so keep exploring new and different ways of traveling, and let us know how it goes!

Reactions: Bibritt

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads