Hello! Fellow SUV-Life Wannabe Checking In..

RedRoverBeard208

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Howdy! I'm here to introduce myself. This might drag on a bit, if that's okay. Hope you guys like reading!

My name's Ryan. I'm currently 31 years old. Born and raised in Boise, Idaho. Currently living in Meridian, Idaho. I currently work full-time selling phones that nobody needs as a faster effort to pay off 95% of my bills by the end of the year. By January of next year, the goal is to only have my truck payment and vehicle insurance to my name.

I was actually referred to this website from one of my customers. I think this will be a great outlet to share some of my crazy ideas of my goals of living and traveling full-time in my 2010 Nissan Xterra. I currently share such shenanigans on my Instagram page - redroveradventures.

I've started the build on converting my Nissan Xterra into my full-time living space. I'll post a picture or two. My father and I have had to redo some snags along the build, and both of us have been working a lot so not a lot of new progress has been made.

Let's be frank - I'm tired of working. Yes, I'm probably just whining about working most days because of my millennial-ism, but it's true! I'd rather, let's say.. Work six months, then take six months off work. Save half of each check to put towards expenses while not working, and maybe save a quarter of those savings for an emergency fund.

So - That's what I'm working towards! Once bills are paid off, and I have enough savings saved, I'm going to start my travels! Either towards the West Coast (OR, WA - IF the riots and pandemic craziness has lightened up) for a short vacation for a couple of weeks. Or - Head East and find a job over the summer.

I've heard of a decent Workamping gig at the Adventureland Amusement Park in Iowa. Hopefully once the pandemic clears, it'll make traveling and workamping a little easier.

I think that's about it! I'm excited to see what other adventures people here have encountered. I'm excited to start new conversations and maybe make some new connections! Drop me a line if you want to chat or if you have any questions/suggestions. Thanks!

--Ryan

Attachments

• IMG_20200624_164932.jpg
    IMG_20200624_164932.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 205

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
nice, im working on a similar setup with my 2012 toyota prius. was dragon the one that told you about stp?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
if you have time, post your setup in the rubber tramping/vandwelling section, im sure a few folks here could learn from your setup!

• Agree
Reactions: Coywolf
D

Deleted member 28239

Howdy, fellow rubber tramp here :) been living out of a Honda CRV for a couple of years, lived out of a toyota corolla for 6ish months before that, with periods of living in employee housing in-between. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If you have a chance to travel west, the Rubber Tramp Rendezvous is in Quartzsite, AZ usually around the end of January/start of february each year. Probably not happening this year, but will in the future.

I would highly recommend it if looking for ideas building out a vehicle:

2020 RTR & WRTR - https://homesonwheelsalliance.org/2020rtrs/

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads