Hello, all! Name's Jacob. | Squat the Planet

Hello, all! Name's Jacob.

jeth

Reaction score
Hello, all!

Name's Jacob. Currently working as a coffee roaster in Southern NH, where I grew up. Done a bit of traveling, mostly for work. Lived in Montreal briefly. Nothing too exciting.

Always been drawn to the vagabond lifestyle; likely a bit naive, but I feel I have fairly realistic expectations... All said, I'm ready to dip out and explore, and am beyond excited to learn from and participate in this community! Especially interested in hitchhiking and train hopping. Done neither, but plan to try the former this spring and, hopefully, find someone to show me the ropes of the latter not too long after!

Read a lot; Jorge Luis Borges is my favorite author. Also write a bit (mostly poetry). Sing some, too.

Anyhow, thanks for creating such a vibrant community! Looking forward to talking with you all online and, maybe eventually, in person!

Peace and safe travels!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Great intro and welcome to STP! :)

Reactions: jeth
D

Deleted member 20

Ahoi there @AnotherWayfarer . I am not too far from you, located in the Southcoast of Mass (New Bedford). I too write poetrty and am a bit naive although middle aged & having been a traveller for awhile. I am mostly housed up yet always have a bag packed. I have a wife, 14+ year old child, pets within our established domestic footprint here but also like to take short forays to recharge my batteries some. Perhaps we can link up once you are ready. I can help you learn some skills about traveling & perhaps you can give a critique of my poetry.

Last edited:

jeth

Reaction score
Ahoi there @AnotherWayfarer . I am not too far from you, located in the Southcoast of Mass (New Bedford). I too write poetrty and am a bit naive although middle aged & having been a traveller for awhile. I am mostly housed up yet always have a bag packed. I have a wife, 14+ year old child, pets within our established domestic footprint here but also like to take short forays to recharge my batteries some. Perhaps we can link up once you are ready. I can help you learn some skills about traveling & perhaps you can give a critique of my poetry.
@highwayman Thanks for the warm welcome! Will certainly keep the offer in mind!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads