Heading to Humboldt, please help!

blackcherryroze

Reaction score
So I had the idea to head up to Humboldt county with two friends. I went there when I was in elementary and haven't been back since, but I fell in complete love with the place. It's pretty much everything I've ever dreamed of. The problem is that since it's been so long I know pretty much nothing about the area. I think we're going to be spending most of our time in Arcata, but of course we'll visit the rest of the county too. Could someone help us out? Anything would be helpful. I mean, anything, cool places to visit, good vegan food (since there's one traveling with us), locations of squats or at least places where cops won't harass us for sleeping there, or whatever other info you'd like to share. Thank you so much!

Reactions: Mankini
P

Pheonix

most of the hippies sleep in the redwood park. the cops aren't that bad there but they always ticketed people for tying there dog to the fence at the free meal when I was there. if you have a dog go into the free meal in shifts.

xbocax

Reaction score
Im going to be attending college there next year. I really don't want to pay for room and bored. i checked this site and theres no word of squats. ANyone know different? If I eliminate room and board thats like minus 5 g's >.<

kspunKeven

Reaction score
ive spent lots of time in arcata so check it you can squat in the redwood community park but make sure NOT TO HAVE ANY FIRES! or the cops will be on ur ass just find a spot well into the park and off the path another spot is off 8th st in the woods by the rail tracks arcata pizza has good dumpters everynight or u can ask for food as they r closing toby & jacks is a very kind bar in the square u can bring in packs/dogs another good spot is right out of town at moonstone beach kids cook/partry there everynight and there is camping,,,,,have fun lots of great pepole there

• Useful
Reactions: Mankini

scatwomb

Reaction score
Im going to be attending college there next year. I really don't want to pay for room and bored. i checked this site and theres no word of squats. ANyone know different? If I eliminate room and board thats like minus 5 g's >.<

I went to HSU for a year (I was an exchange student) and I had a few friends who lived in Redwood Park.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads