Headin' up to Pittsburgh

Reaction score
I'm heading up there in a few days with a couple friends to go explore abandoned steel mills and stuff and need to find a place to stay, whether it be couch, rooftop, under a bridge, in the woods, whatever. Anyone have some suggestions?

Maxx

Reaction score
well ill be moving there in a week or so but i can tell you there are more bridges there then any other city in the US it wouldn't be hard at all to find your own bridge to squat. but there are a lot of homebums that take claim to certain bridges and protect them like home, so beware.

Reaction score
Ah, nice. I'll probably be there within the next week, I'm probably just gonna go past some other cities to visit some friends before going off to Pittsburgh. Thanks, any certain bridges that are good in particular?

Maxx

Reaction score
there's green ways that run along the rivers under a lot of the bridges that have lots of joggers and cyclists, i went to camped out along the greenway on the south side (which was the coolest part of town i hung out in) and got woken up by joggers they didn't really care but the dogs i was with werent too cool with it. that was under the 10th st bridge, but i dont recommend that spot but if you go west from there on the greenway there's some real nice camps hidden off the greenway on the river. for a week or so after that me and bunch of other kids stayed under the birmingham bridge which was really rice. but honestly if you walk for a 5-8 blocks in any direction youll find a spot you wont get messed with, just pick your spots in the day.

and hey if you read this when your in town give me a pm and ill show you some cool spots.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'll probably camp out under a bridge or something.
Hah, will do. I'm in Burlington, VT as of right now but I'll probably come by Pittsburgh on the way back to DC.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads