Have everything. Want nothing. F the man

Reaction score
Im biding my time for now but as soon as I get laid off it's on. Could be a month or a few years from now. Maybe more. But I wanna be ready.

I used to want my own land but realized I still have to pay endless rent (taxes) just to occupy it and even then I gotta deal with the stress of defending an "asset" where any lawsuit, car crash, medical bills, or the irs can repossess whatever I thought I owned for any number of reasons.

The term home-ownership also makes me sick. Nobody owns their home...they just pay rent to their mortgage company. The few that have lived in the same home for 30 fucking years straight and finally "own" it probably cannot afford the property taxes on it anymore because they went senile and shit in a colostomy bag now.

You don't see that on the evening news...huh Ted Koppel !

Keep your eye OFF the ball, people. The less TV the better.

My ark will be a 4x4 van equipped with lots of energy collecting gadgets and various amenities. I wanna be in the beautiful peaceful wilderness.

I've done some reading here...and the van is a commitment. That bugs me some.
But for the versatility and likelihood of female companionship it's a viable option for now.

Note: I'll be bringing 55gal drums of cheap whiskey.

I'd like to 4x4 to a remote river and use the water, wind, and solar power to do whatever the fuck I want for a few years.

I've enjoyed the stories on this board so far. Good luck everyone.

-Chris

nitepeepole

Reaction score
once you start wanting less
then, you just keep wanting less
and less.
like...i dunno...that still seems like a lot of stuff.
female companionship seems like a lot more trouble than taxes

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I definately feel the part about the property taxes and all that shit. that's one of the reasons why I'm living outta my backpack & I also feel the thing about once you have less you want less. to me the less you have the more you'll gain, if ya get my drift. the less physical possesions you have the more you gain mentally. oh and welcom to StP!!!

Rash L

Reaction score
female companionship seems like a lot more trouble than taxes

a whole HELL of a lot more trouble than taxes, at least with taxes you kind of know ahead of time and can plan... women can be unpredictable drama-beasts straight from hell!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads