Hassle with carrying a staff? | Squat the Planet

Hassle with carrying a staff?

A

A New Name

I have this (quarter)staff which I plan on carrying on my travels to use as a rough terrain support and a on-hand weapon. Considering I'll be going around Europe (in the beggining at least) do you think I might get trouble with the police over it while firmly stating that I use it to support my bum knee when it starts to hurt? (My knee is fine, but a little acting might help)

K

Kim Chee

I'm not sure if you'd get in trouble while carrying a long walking stick, but I'm pretty sure you'd get a staff confiscated (as a minimum) somewhere in your travels.

I think most people don't realize exactly how bad ass of an offensive weapon a staff is in capable hands.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
No. At least in the German regions everybody hikes with similar objects. And in the Nordic countries people use ski poles while walking....Just avoid fru-fru areas and you should be fine.

Ridire

Reaction score
Hell, even on golf courses and cutting through retirement villages I've carried my shillelagh, and that's a glorified war club. A straight, simple staff should be just fine.

Reactions: Mankini

Ridire

Reaction score
I think they just don't take anything without metal on it seriously. I'm tempted to just carry a self bow and quiver next time I go out and see if anyone stops me.

A

A New Name

To be more specific, the "staff" is the handle of an old rake. It has the right size for me to lean on and it's quite sturdy. Thank you all for the input.

D

Deleted member 125

I'm not sure if you'd get in trouble while carrying a long walking stick, but I'm pretty sure you'd get a staff confiscated (as a minimum) somewhere in your travels.

I think most people don't realize exactly how bad ass of an offensive weapon a staff is in capable hands.

this. somebody, somewhere isnt going to like that yer walking with a big stick. but the good news is its just a stick and you can find another one..

Dmac

Reaction score
I like to have a wanking stick/staff when I am out and about, especially in hilly terrain. I have never been hassled about it, at most a cop will ask for me to set it down. Now if you were threatening or menacing people with it, it would be another story.

• Haha
Reactions: TheWindAndRain

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I like to have a wanking stick/staff when I am out and about, especially in hilly terrain. I have never been hassled about it, at most a cop will ask for me to set it down. Now if you were threatening or menacing people with it, it
Haha, what?

If i took out my wanking stick in public-menacingly or not-someone would make me put it away.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads