Harboring a Minor?

readyg

Reaction score
My friend and I are going travelin, and he's 17. One of my other friends said that if he gets in some kind of trouble, then I could also (being a 'legal adult' of 19) jail/fines? something. I was just wondering if any of ya'll got the info on this sort of deal

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm pretty sure you could be arrested or ticketed for "contributing to the delinquency of a minor". (the exact definition of the term and the punishment varies widely) So, either don't get in trouble, or have him come up with a fake identity for the time being.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i don't think that's totally true. ive traveled with minors, even got stopped/questioned by the cops and we never really had any problems. most of that "contributing to the delinquency of a minor" stuff is old laws in southern states (from what i understand; also the south is the only place ive had a cop mention/threaten me with this).

overall, i wouldn't really worry about something like this.

moe

Reaction score
i just found out that in iowa it's okay to sleep with 17 year olds and forgive me i know this is completely irrevelant to this thread but thought/felt like putting it out there.

I

IBRRHOBO

i don't think that's totally true. ive traveled with minors, even got stopped/questioned by the cops and we never really had any problems. most of that "contributing to the delinquency of a minor" stuff is old laws in southern states (from what i understand; also the south is the only place ive had a cop mention/threaten me with this).

overall, i wouldn't really worry about something like this.

spot on. also, at 17 (as long as they can prove it, who they are and aren't drunk/high) most pd don't really give a fuck. matt, i totally agree on the south. fucking nuts here!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads