Hacking Greyhound

croc

Reaction score
Just stay away from the Atlanta station. All the workers are dicks and going outside for a cigarette turns into crackheads asking for ‘two dollars’ every 10 seconds. In one instance i made it to the bus i was about to take before it left and i was told they stopped boarding and i need to go pay $20 for a new ticket.
Atlanta greyhound station is quite possibly a portal to hell itself.

Anyone try this in the past 12 months or so?

train in vain

Reaction score
Be careful of a full bus. You may end up without a seat and then they will look more closely..??
Every time a bus has somehow been full when i had a ticket i bought a day or two in advance they just make you wait for the next one. How the fuck does a bus fill up when i bought that shit in advance??? I rarely fuck with greyhound anymore unless someone else is buying.

lawnchair

Reaction score
Just stay away from the Atlanta station. All the workers are dicks and going outside for a cigarette turns into crackheads asking for ‘two dollars’ every 10 seconds. In one instance i made it to the bus i was about to take before it left and i was told they stopped boarding and i need to go pay $20 for a new ticket.
My friend and I got stuck overnight at the Atlanta greyhound station after our bus got delayed by over 6 hours. Very much not a fun place to be. Especially since both of us were running on about 50 hours of no sleep.

KingViper

Reaction score
I'm hoping none of you work for Greyhound bus lines and hope more desperately none of you are the police. I'm going to tell you about my travel hack. I'm the first person I've met that has used this technique. It's arguably unethical and surely illegal. Im talking about photoshopping and reusing Greyhound tickets.

About a year ago I ended up passed out drunk in a Safeway in 5 cities, California. A homeless coalition in Santa Maria picked me up and bought me an eticket to Traverse City, MI. (The address on my license at the time). When I got to Grand Junction, Colorado, I left the bus, went to the nearest library and scanned the ticket. I photoshopped the ticket. I changed the destination to Durango, Colorado. I saved it to the cloud. Ever since I've been traveling all around the country with the same ticket.

Of course I worry that some day I'll get caught. The drivers don't inspect the tickets thoroughly. I've done it at least 15 times. It's usually a last resort. I recently spent 8 miserable months in Portland entertaining resorting back to my technique. Now I've managed to hitch to Springfield, Illinois. I hate this place. Tomorrow I'll probably use the same technique to go back west to Denver.

I just wanted to share this thing I've been doing. I don't want this to be common knowledge. But I still feel an indescribable urge to share.
yea springfield illinois is the dullest place ever lol the capital shoul be chicago

• Haha
Reactions: BobDole and Odin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads