greetings from the grind

Reaction score
seriously thinking of using the jamboree as an excuse to finally drop out. trouble with my job and keeping my house has consumed me for a year and i just wonder....why?

why do i waste so much time and energy to be a slave for a corporation in order to be more of a slave to bourgeois comfort and security and technology?

instead of always reading and talking about great renunciants in history that left it all behind to find truth, i know i should just do it. aaaahhhhh grrrrr

i respect you all who have done that and i hope i do it to. soon

end rant/intro

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
To ease your transition, I recommend turning your present abode into a squat.

Yes? And how exactly would he achieve that??!! LOL What? Lava lamps and beaded curtains? Kerosene stove and a wadded up pile of burlap sacks? Perhaps an old David Hasselhoff poster or some Hummel figurines...

Thats how I'd do it anyways.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Simultaneously cease all payments and put out the old StP invite.

Bring your own lava lamp, beaded curtains and bucket.

Ive found that a few Anne Geddes prints scattered about tends to make that squat a home...

photo (1).jpg
cabbage-baby-450.jpg
AG7-310x166.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: Desperado Deluxe
seriously thinking of using the jamboree as an excuse to finally drop out. trouble with my job and keeping my house has consumed me for a year and i just wonder....why?

why do i waste so much time and energy to be a slave for a corporation in order to be more of a slave to bourgeois comfort and security and technology?

instead of always reading and talking about great renunciants in history that left it all behind to find truth, i know i should just do it. aaaahhhhh grrrrr

i respect you all who have done that and i hope i do it to. soon

end rant/intro

Hardest part is taking the first step. I see a lot of people tired of the grind, but never taking that first step to get away from it. Of the people that do, not all like the new lifestyle. It seems the older you get the harder it is to transition. When I left behind what was considered the norm, my stress level was reduced exponentially. But it also presented new challenges, that I feel made me a stronger person.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads