greetings from nyc

atlas

Reaction score
i've been lurking the forums for a while, finally decided to make an account. i'm a new yorker interested in the culture and traveling lifestyle. hoping to use this site to connect with some creative people like buskers, artists or crafters.

not really sure what to say, but i like hitchhiking and playing uke badly, shooting the shit for hours, or just walking for miles. i'm a chill person and not weirded out easily... and i'll leave it at that.

hello everyone!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey man welcome to the site! Take a look around, remember to use the search, and feel free to ask me any questions you might have about using the site!

atlas

Reaction score
Hey man welcome to the site! Take a look around, remember to use the search, and feel free to ask me any questions you might have about using the site!
thanks for the welcome!

your in the city? ive hitched out of the holland tunnel to get out once or ten times...heard fungwah was no more?
yes, in the city. i haven't taken fung wah since i was eight so wouldn't know bro.

atlas

Reaction score
hitchhiking, walking. mostly in the late summer to late fall/early winter til i hole up in toronto or something. unfortunately only in the tri-state area mostly (NY, NJ, PA), but I did get to visit baltimore, dc, knoxville, st. louis, and cleveland this summer, which i appreciated thoroughly. st. louis actually being my first sketchy hitchhiking experience with a construction worker who built gay clubs offering me a bagful of heroin and talking about how i was an angel that he was falling for.

but yeah, i never been trainhoppin' or rubbertramping or anything else.

also fyi i prefer this method to get rides:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads