Greetings from New England | Squat the Planet

Greetings from New England

zorakjones

Reaction score
Been around for a bit y'all, I guess lurking more than anything but yeah.
How's everyone?

personally,
I've been living a pretty normal life, working 40 hours a week and dreaming of not doing so.

how have you guys found balance between the grind and roaming?

I have always been more of the binger, 3-6 months on the road and the rest of time time working.

never could fully commit either way.

Cheers y'all.

Reactions: Bibs and Traveler

Traveler

Reaction score
I guess I've been the binger sort as well. Work for a while, roam for a while. The last few years seemed to have been more working than anything though.

Bibs

Reaction score
I can relate, been working more than I care to admit lately, and doing the rubbertramp thing. I have nothing against traveling by car but it's just not for me, it is kinda nice to have a fairly safe sleeping space though. If you make it out to the pnw at some point I'll render aid if you're in need, and good luck finding that travel/work balance.
With gratitude, -Ian

Reactions: Traveler

ali

Reaction score
I work a lot more than i travel, maybe like 3:1 or 4:1 ratio. I resent every minute of the working. I try to make it less shit by finding a job in a new town each time, that way at least for the first few months everything feels kind of new and interesting.

Something i have been doing over the pandemic is working part time and just doing short hikes and bike rides close to town. No way i could do this with a 40 hour job, i'm just way too tired. But with a 20 hour job it's viable for me to head out 1-2 days a week. It's hard to find part time work in some industries, though, i've been super lucky this time around.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads