Photos - Greetings friends! | Squat the Planet

Photos Greetings friends!

slickjames

Reaction score
Greetings from Vancouver, BC!

I hope the New Year has reached you all well. I'm new to the community and looking to interact and pay some dues before I go around asking people for information. A small bit about myself: I'm from Sudbury Ontario, starting to get into train-hopping (already having had several successful hops and only one incident with the RCMP), looking to exchange possible info with other fellow hoppers.

I'm really interested in planning a hop across the United States in the near future (possibly after the Summer) and I figured I could come here and maybe trade off some tidbits of info and yadda yadda yadda...

Not much of a forums guy, so I hope this introduction will suffice lol

Also looking for some cool historical documentaries and reads, if you have recommendations let me know!

Your fellow trespasser,

Slick James IMG_5768.JPG IMG_6319.JPG IMG_6322.JPG IMG_6321.JPG IMG_6079.JPG

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Sounds like a plan! Welcome to StP community!!!

I love Vancouver, BC been many many years the last I was there!

I like your pictures! If you have any stories, please share with us!

Again, Welcome to StP!!! You're in the right place!!!

xradicalx

Reaction score
Greetings from Vancouver, BC!

I hope the New Year has reached you all well. I'm new to the community and looking to interact and pay some dues before I go around asking people for information. A small bit about myself: I'm from Sudbury Ontario, starting to get into train-hopping (already having had several successful hops and only one incident with the RCMP), looking to exchange possible info with other fellow hoppers.

I'm really interested in planning a hop across the United States in the near future (possibly after the Summer) and I figured I could come here and maybe trade off some tidbits of info and yadda yadda yadda...

Not much of a forums guy, so I hope this introduction will suffice lol

Also looking for some cool historical documentaries and reads, if you have recommendations let me know!

Your fellow trespasser,

Slick James

Welcome welcome friend! I'm in vancouver bc as well, living full time vanlife if you want to connect :)

AG Golda

Reaction score
Welcome !! I'm in canada too but have yet to see the west coast... some day soon ! I have the same idea I'd like to get west and then hop towards the states ... I need a passport though 🙈 I've hopped a bit between NS and Quebec and plan on doing more :D nice to meet you and good luck!

slickjames

Reaction score
Welcome !! I'm in canada too but have yet to see the west coast... some day soon ! I have the same idea I'd like to get west and then hop towards the states ... I need a passport though 🙈 I've hopped a bit between NS and Quebec and plan on doing more :D nice to meet you and good luck!
Hey thanks for the warm welcome! I'm actually planning on hopping out to the east coast for the first time after August and I'm trying to figure out cool/chill places to get off and check out on the way; not sure if you may have some insight! I'd be super down to exchange some info that can maybe help on your westbound travels!

AG Golda

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the warm welcome! I'm actually planning on hopping out to the east coast for the first time after August and I'm trying to figure out cool/chill places to get off and check out on the way; not sure if you may have some insight! I'd be super down to exchange some info that can maybe help on your westbound travels!

Oh no way ! Is it your first time east of ontario ? If so, montreal has pouzza fest september 24/25 and shows at fattal at the end of september too... I also heard theres a homeless fest there but I'm still digging to hear about that one .. theres a couple of nice places in NB worth checking out like some falls but honestly moncton and most of NB in my experience is terrible to travellers and homeless... moncton is basically rigged against us, they put money into making barriers anywhere there is to sit or stand and give us a real hard time just walking around. That being said if you are in moncton there is a ton of free food like 4 options per meal and you can find it easily online... the documents a bit outdated but its still easy to eat there :D. Halifax is amazing!! People are great and there are a shitload of resources available all over the place.. I havent been east of there as a traveller or as an adult yet so I cant offer much insight ! Message me any time :D

slickjames

Reaction score
Yeah this will be my first time hopping eastbound, I've been to St. John's in NFLD before but that's all. Those festivals sounds super cool and actually may line up with my timeline so that may be cool, thank you for the heads up! Also, that's unfortunate to hear about NB, I was looking forward to getting off in Moncton if they had a chill spot to ride out, I've had to manage sleeping in some pretty obscure places before hahaha. Thank you so much for the insight, I'll probably end up reaching out more when it gets a lil closer to my departure date. Hoping I can get off and see some of the Maritime capitals :D

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads