Greetings and Salutations

• Thread starter Deleted member 21429
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21429

Hello Everyone. Never heard of this site but I like it and signed up today. I live in Cooperstown New York which is a little Village upstate. I have a fixer-upper house which I work on constantly whenever I have the time and the weather is favorable. I'm hoping to start a garden this year but the way the weather has been this year, I dunno. I also just bought a 1973 International Step Van and will be working on getting it ready to do some travelling this fall and winter. Unfortunately the busy tourist season is starting soon and that is when one makes money around here if you're a server, busser, bartender, cook, or dishwaher.
I have a couch and a room available if anyone wants to help out around here with some gardening or stonework or fixing up the StepVan. I live paycheck to paycheck like most people I know so you'd probably have to get a summer job as well. Rooms and Apartments are expensive around here IF you can find one and the one I'm offering is no luxury suite but its home and I've been here 20 years. I want to hit the road again as I love to travel around. Hitch-hiked 8300 miles through 38 states back in the day. Been well off and I've been homeless.
I have only four outlets for electricity and a spring for water, a halfway decent wifi signal, and a dog named Picaso.
So, if you want a change and cannot figure out where to start or what to do, drop me a response. No addicts or daily drunks please, lost too many friends and just cannot deal with that whole scene. I'm happy with weed though. ~ peace

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Welcome to STP friend. Safe Travels.

Minky

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. Never heard of this site but I like it and signed up today. I live in Cooperstown New York which is a little Village upstate. I have a fixer-upper house which I work on constantly whenever I have the time and the weather is favorable. I'm hoping to start a garden this year but the way the weather has been this year, I dunno. I also just bought a 1973 International Step Van and will be working on getting it ready to do some travelling this fall and winter. Unfortunately the busy tourist season is starting soon and that is when one makes money around here if you're a server, busser, bartender, cook, or dishwaher.
I have a couch and a room available if anyone wants to help out around here with some gardening or stonework or fixing up the StepVan. I live paycheck to paycheck like most people I know so you'd probably have to get a summer job as well. Rooms and Apartments are expensive around here IF you can find one and the one I'm offering is no luxury suite but its home and I've been here 20 years. I want to hit the road again as I love to travel around. Hitch-hiked 8300 miles through 38 states back in the day. Been well off and I've been homeless.
I have only four outlets for electricity and a spring for water, a halfway decent wifi signal, and a dog named Picaso.
So, if you want a change and cannot figure out where to start or what to do, drop me a response. No addicts or daily drunks please, lost too many friends and just cannot deal with that whole scene. I'm happy with weed though. ~ peace

Hi Van, great post, nice offer too. Take care

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads