Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
D

Deleted member 8978

One thing I learned from your recent run from Jacksonville to New Orleans is that you had to take a ride to Atlanta, no telling if it was expense-paid or not, and then back to Jacksonville. Before you do that again though, this time travel about 80 to 90 miles north across the border to Brunswick here in Georgia and see me. I already know a freight train type that does go to Atlanta (before making its way to Vance, Alabama) and that would save me some money there. I can also ride the same train to Macon (before Atlanta) where the rest of my friends are at, haven't seen most of them in almost 5 years.

Ringo

Reaction score
Stobe had some subpar safety standards, his catch-out on the fly in Wishram was pretty borderline. I winced. People who want to down talk him are probably just jealous of the success his videos had.. Most anybody who rides hard and rides often has had a close call or two. Just don’t do anything stupid out of desperation or to avoid being caught, that’s where most folks make dumb choices. Good luck.

D

Deleted member 22992

Stobe had some subpar safety standards, his catch-out on the fly in Wishram was pretty borderline. I winced. People who want to down talk him are probably just jealous of the success his videos had.. Most anybody who rides hard and rides often has had a close call or two. Just don’t do anything stupid out of desperation or to avoid being caught, that’s where most folks make dumb choices. Good luck.

If i remember correctly in that video he didn't catch the ladder with his feet but rather caught the ladder with his legs at a 45 degree angle. Thats sketch and must of hurt like a motherfucker.

Ringo

Reaction score
Totally. He barely got his feet on the bottom rung. The train was moving too quick, and he almost didn’t have the speed/strength to overcome its momentum and actually get his feet high enough to hit the ladder. I winced cause I’ve done it. That’s where you get dragged.

Reactions: Coywolf

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads