gotta be the shoes

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
I wear the soles right off my shoes more often than not.... I agree, its gotta be the shoes

DesertRat

Reaction score
Why not head over to Wal-Mart and check out anything by Dr. Scholl?

Ugly as sin, but super comfortable and cheap as well.

In the meantime, get thyself to just about any store and get a tube of Shoe Goo. That should help patch up the holes for now.

schmutz

cooler than you
Reaction score
I love shoegoo, that stuff will fix almost anything you need fixing in addition to your shoes.

Charlie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I finally blew up a pair of new balance after a year of good use. Right now I'm on a skateboard hitchhike trip and these Nike Monarch basketball shoes I've had for like 10 years are finally being put to use. they're good for skating, running, jumping and general kicking around. They're no good for hiking up/down steep hills, but they're good for most activities. Pretty tough and water resistant too. I walked/skated 10 miles of highway a few days ago wearing them.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I usually just go for the 25-35 buck hiking shoes u get at walmart or big 5 or whatever. The ones i got now r called 50 peaks i got at walmart for 35. They usually last me 3-6 months depending. Cant do the skateshoe unless they have really thick soles cuz the gravel n rocks n shit poke my feet thru the sole. but even then i need the ankle support the hiking boot has. I like the vegatarian boots theyre the shit had a pair when i first started to travel. But its nice to to have to lace them up especially when a train comes in the middle of the early morning.

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
I tear up a pair within a week or two.

Can relate ... here a random collection of my shoe fails ...

2016-08-16 15.09.54.jpg
2016-08-31 15.08.44.jpg
2016-09-10 09.28.30.jpg
2016-10-07 09.03.32.jpg
chucks.jpg
Foto0048.jpg
Foto0067.jpg
GcUI3kr.jpg
IMG_20170129_083927.jpg
IMG_20170502_082509.jpg
IMG_20170718_062706.jpg
photo0134.jpg
vans.jpg

RobHASboots

Reaction score
does anyone know of any good and hopefully inexpensive shoes? I go through a pair within two weeks, for example im wearing low chucks,cons now and there is already a hole through the ball and heel. I tear up a pair within a week or two. Even boots fall apart is there something i can do besides stop walking so damn much or do i just have to deal? i mean i know people who have shoes for years, its gotta be the shoes.
You get what you pay for.
I own a pair of 7 dollar canvas shoes from walmart. Their weaknesses show after no time, then you bust out your super glue and try to get that insole back from whence it came.
Look for comfortable athletic/casual shoes that have THICK SOLES.
PUMA ROMAs should be around 50 doll hairs; they have thick grippy soles. ADIDAS is quality too. I've made SAMBAS last longer than expected.
I have a pair of DOC MARTENS that i bought 16 or 17 years ago. They've been through every abuse. A tear formed in one of the soles, under the arch, some years back. They keep on truckin. It's kind of a science experiment now to see if they can die.
DOC MARTENS began outsourcing production to Thailand in the late 90s(?)
Their better/best quality boots are branded with the iconic MADE IN ENGLAND on the sole bottoms.
Last Thing: Shoogoo repair goop. (Although that probably takes at least 24hrs to set. But, man... that's like a brand new shoe in a tube.)

Attachments

• sg-black_105_6g-cardedtube-AU_NZ-300dpi.jpg
    sg-black_105_6g-cardedtube-AU_NZ-300dpi.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 309
Reactions: daveycrockett
D

Deleted member 23824

You’re replying to a seven year old thread?

That guys living in Suburbia now, with two kids, a Prius, and three weeks paid vacation.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads