Got my bivy sack but... | Squat the Planet

Got my bivy sack but...

Jaguwar

Rebirthing phoenix
Reaction score
So I got my bivy sack today, but there were no poles with it. I'm going camping next week come hell or high water, any suggestions what I can do in a hurry... for free? I'm piss broke right now...

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Jagwar if your serious, Gizmo's avatar is pretty much a mirror of my face right now...only Gizmo is a little better looking. The best part (and the real point) of bivy's, is there are no posts! that's the whole point :)

Jaguwar

Rebirthing phoenix
Reaction score
Yep, finally figured that out, derp! I've seen some that apparently lift above where your head is, I hadn't realized they were the exception, m not the norm. Or maybe I mis-saw? Anyway, ignore me.
Gonna test it out in a couple of days, excited!

Last edited:
Reactions: wizehop

Jaguwar

Rebirthing phoenix
Reaction score
I wish retailers would make that differentiation actually. I'm ok with just a sack though it's no big deal.
Thanks everyone for not laughing TOO hard. lol

Durp

Reaction score
Haha, sorry too funny! What type did you get? A friend lent me theirs to try and get me to stop acting like a caveman, leave the tarp at home yadayadayada. This one sucks, I got a lot more wet then I would with a tarp, it condensates like a mofo, and I can't fit my pack inside. Maybe its just some Rei shit that's defective, or Im not using it right. Idk. My lady was testing it on her way to NY, but gave it to a home bum the second night out in trade for a tarp. Please report back on the functionality of the specific one you got.

Jaguwar

Rebirthing phoenix
Reaction score
So we're back, a little sooner than planned, which means I didn't get to test it in the rain, but it was pretty good actually. Zipped myself in and promptly feel asleep lol.
The only problem I can foresee is there's no room for my pack in there. Might want to consider wrapping it in a large trash bag when I settle down for sleep, in case of overnight rain. Also need some kind of mosquito netting; on nice nights like last night I like to be able to look at the sky, and the Deep Woods Off was not working as well as it should have. Those bugs had never heard of DEET, apparently!
Should've taken pictures, I just realized. Maybe next time.

Reactions: Anagor and Mongo

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads