Good place to be?

Blackout Beetle

Reaction score
I have a homeboy getting out of jail in Ashland Oregon in a month or so tops and its absolutely paramount that I be there. But it seems like it rains constantly everywhere in that part of the country this time a year even down in Idaho. Im just wondering if theres anywhere decent to hole up on the northern-more west for that period of time, has a tolerable standard of living for a dirtykid and maybe a little less than god awful weather. I have a feeling Im pressing my luck =P More than a feeling. If not I guess I have to trick myself with rain gear and sit in a tent for the duration of... however long it takes. Blahhh. Why cant motherfuckers get out of jail when their supposed to? Was supposed to be late June.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
ashland isn't that bad for rain. you could hole up there easily, it's a small town with EXCELLENT dumpstering opportunities.

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
Awesome free clothing/junk shack next to the skatepark. $1 bus to Methford. Brickoven pizza feed in Lithia park (not sure if they still do this tho). Good busking opportunities on Main street. Drink the Lithia water out the fountain i dare ya!

bryanpaul

Reaction score
Ew fuck that water..........it only rains alot there in the winter.......cool lil town......lots of folks pass thru there.

Blackout Beetle

Reaction score
Right on thanks! Anyone know a good place to camp? I heard somewhere by that wellspring deal you wouldnt get fucked with.

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
Theres tons of cool places to camp out there. I used to just sleep under one of the bridges crossing the trax. Theres little cubby hole style deals at the top that go back so that you cant be seen. Sadly they are (were?) fairly trashed but a good tarp and some cardboard'll do ya right.

Aside from that there is plenty of awesome woods spots out in Siskiyou mountain park. You could find some spots in Lithia park if you dont feel like walking out to Sisiyou but beware the cops.

• Useful
Reactions: Mankini

Blackout Beetle

Reaction score
How far's Sisyou? Haha was your camp by the recycling center? Thats where we used to drink and crash last summer but Im wanting to ninja set up a tent somehow. Yeah I might grab a good tarp always nice to have for urban camping when the weather is fickle.

Blackout Beetle

Reaction score
That settles that then. Thanks =]

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads