Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
http://www.thesecretweapon.org - i use this for organizing my life

pocket - for reading articles offline at a later time
press - rss reader for keeping up with other travel websites

Bl3wbyyou

Reaction score
Hmph well i seem to be using a really great wifi scanner app that sweeps all the lower range wifi networks that i come across.Damn near can find wifi anywhere in this day and age.

Also use textfree and you can set up a googlevoice account and download an app to make free calls over wifi as well.

I use those 2 things since im a cheap bastard and have a obama phone to use for whatever i feel like lol.

Wifi manager 2.7.1
Textfree
Googlevoice VOIP (voice over internet provider,or something like that lol)
ProPDFreader
Inkpad (never know when you might wanna jot something down)

thomas mccoy

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hmph well i seem to be using a really great wifi scanner app that sweeps all the lower range wifi networks that i come across.Damn near can find wifi anywhere in this day and age.

Also use textfree and you can set up a googlevoice account and download an app to make free calls over wifi as well.

I use those 2 things since im a cheap bastard and have a obama phone to use for whatever i feel like lol.

Wifi manager 2.7.1
Textfree
ProPDFreader
whats an obama phone??

novadarling

Reaction score

Wifi manager 2.7.1
Textfree
ProPDFreader

you just helped me out of a huge bind. I'm about to rubber tramp it 8,000 miles my first time out, and every penny counts so I couldn't pay my Boost bill. Now getting everything organized became exponentially easier, so thank you!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
cool deal man, just out of curiousity did you find this thread by searching or someone pointing it out?

K

Kim Chee

Google Earth (take a screenshot(s) for offline use)
RadarScope (very detailed weather radar for weather geeks)
MyRadar (a lot like RadarScope, less detail but you can see much larger areas)
uWeather (current weather and forecasts using NWS data)
Talkatone (free talk/text, used to be better, but hey it's free)
CityMaps2Go (downloadable streetmaps for offline use)

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I use magicapp to make phone calls download and connect to wifi viola free calls.
I got a radio scanner I use from time to time.
And I recently discovered the magic of un-installing the updates for google maps works much better now.
I use adobe for my pdf reader.

Preacher

Reaction score

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
CityMaps2Go - I found this good for once you get into a city. I've only used it abroad, but I know it works with the USA cities too.
Tiny Flashlight+ - Guzzles your battery, but shit man if your headlamp goes out this comes in handy until you get battery replacement.
Backcountry Navigator - Good for loading GPX coordinates from Adventure Cycling. You can get all the bicycle trails that go cross country to find the most scenic backroads to tour or hitch hike if you don't want to hitch on the highway.
Strava - Comes in handy sometimes for recording routes when trying to get back to the same place you started. I used it in China a lot without service to find my way back to camp.
Wild Edibles - Good for foraging plants and edibles.
WarmShowers - Good for finding a place to crash if you are bicycle touring.
Showbox - Great for streaming or downloading the newest movies and TV shows.
Colornote - Good for adding notes and sticky's on your phone for important shit.
BoltBus/Greyhound - Never hurts to have these on your phone...sometimes hitchin' sucks.
SkyScanner - Good for checking on flights.
Talkatone - I used this in China over WiFi and it works.

I think that's all of the good ones I use. I will update this as I find more good applications. I know I'm missing some, but this is from memory since my phone was recently stolen.

thebends

Reaction score
MAPS.ME (aka Maps with Me) -- Offline open-source maps which I've found to include a lot of hiking trails and gas stations. Especially useful when hitching motorways/highways in Central/Western Europe as if you zoom in far enough you see the gas stations serving just the motorway traffic.

Hitchwiki Phrasebook -- on Android. There's some room for improvement but it's a decent, lightweight phrasebook with hitch-useful phrases in almost all European (and many global) languages.

Google Sky Map - learn the stars and constellations !

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads