Good dual Self defense/utility knifes for a reasonable price?

Wc517

Reaction score
I would prefer one with a sheath that can strap to a belt or something. Also are throwing knifes practical? They would be cool to have but don't seem to have much use, other than being a cheap, legal though less effective replacement for a gun.

Romanriff

Reaction score
If you can use throwing knives, sure. Are you going to ever need to use them and are they going to take up weight? Most likely. I usually carry a cheap spring-loaded stiletto style knife that I can easily replace when cops take them. I've never had to use It and I don't think I will. Surprisingly some gas stations and surplus stores have decent enough knives for their price.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I would prefer one with a sheath that can strap to a belt or something. Also are throwing knifes practical? They would be cool to have but don't seem to have much use, other than being a cheap, legal though less effective replacement for a gun.
Throwing knives are illegal most states. Anything classified as a ballistics throwing weapon are illegal to carry around on your person. The only way you can carry them is in the trunk of your car.
Check out mora knives. They're inexpensive and good quality fixed blades.

Lin

Reaction score
Opinel knives are great quality for their weight if you want a light blade you can sharpen with a whetstone. It also looks like a piece of wood when folded.

I have a water key slungshot for emergencies, but apparently that's illegal. I'll probably grab a tactical spork like MetalBryan recommended.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveofDave

Tony G

Reaction score
I carry one of these best knife in the world m1917 they make repos for less than 100 vary sharp and will cut threw anything

Attachments

• image_31e26253-ce4f-4b8d-8bbd-b0e166db9d6c_1024x1024.jpg
    image_31e26253-ce4f-4b8d-8bbd-b0e166db9d6c_1024x1024.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 214

Boon Man

Reaction score
I'd say get a Mora companion if you want it very cheap, a cold steel SRK if you have a bit more cash. I'd say a solid no on throwing knives, they're really only for targets even if you really know what you're doing, its too hard to consistently hit point first at a distance you haven't paced out first.

Reactions: DaveofDave

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads