godamnnn i hate this security bullshit..

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
If you need an extra 'pooter I've got some extras, like an x220 thinkpad.

Zim, I appreciate that, man..

If I were in serious need, I'd definitely takr you up on it..
I use most of the add-ons mentioned, but I had no clue about the lynx browser..
Super good to know..

I had a meltdown over my Dell inspiring 2000.. Had been checking our a bunch of Linux distros & was looking at dedicating it as a VM platform, looking to Tails as my main boot & Mint for my editing & production distro.

The fucker came with win 8.1 (ghaakkpukeghhgghk..) & I mind wiped it the day I got it.
I was having problems touchscreen drivers..
Dell supports Linux, which is sweet, but orientation and axis control is critical to my graphics stuff..
I though I'd try to downgrade to win 7, which I can lock down about as tight as I like, but I kept getting messages about the system not being API compliant, even after updating the BIOS.. it devolved into a shitty support episode where Dell blamed my goddamned browser.. (?????) simply because that was the easiest way to get me off the phone, since it was 'free'..
I tried the update again, same problem, & just realized that I was spending way too much time fucking with machines that were giving me problems doing crap I used to do with a mouse & half the speed & memory I used back in 2008..

My cynicism got the better of me..

Interestingly, I suddenly have a lot more time..

: )

Definitely thank you, though..
A lot of shit may be coming down, soon, so it's actually pretty good I don't distract myself any more than possible from the next existential whirlpool I may be drawn into..

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
And.. For a little existential ass-fuck irony..

I just broke the tip on my netbook power supply..
Haven't busted a tip in probably a decade..
It's a tiny little fucker, so no replacement..

Hung by my own fkng rage...

Serves me right...

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: DrewSTNY and somn

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads