Getting shots in jail?

Reaction score
I got pulled off of CSX in Sebring Florida about two years ago (in an unprecedented act of a road dogs' stupidity) and put in jail for the night (riding the railroad with the intent to ride for free!). I was riding with a bunch of guys who all got put in a cell together because one had staph and as the only girl I got put into medical isolation because of the chance that i could have staph too. Among a bunch of other likely illegal and humiliating things I had to do, I was held down and given a "TB vaccine". I protested and physically resisted but it didn't matter in the end. When I got out the next day none of the guys I went in with had to get it and theres no vaccine but there is a TB test which I have had before, and which it could have possible been. I was basically wondering if anyone else has ever gone to jail and got a shot against their will. I was also wondering if you can avoid it somehow. Any input is awesome.

Reaction score
Yeah they made me do that as well. It was the most complicated shower i have ever taken. There were like 3 different soaps that had to be used in a crazy specific order. and none of the other 5 people I was in with had to shower.

Jimmy James

Reaction score
It is illegal for them to give you any shots or medical treatment against your will when you are incarcerated. If you can prove it, you have a lawsuit. Whats really bad is they lied to you about what they were giving you (as their is no such thing as "TB vaccine"); and there is no telling WTF they gave you... There are records kept on all prisoners in county lockups; and you have a legal right to access them under the freedom of information act....You could file a lawsuit if you can find a lawyer in the state of FL who would take it on a contingency basis or pro-bono (which is free of charge); as their ARE some good attorneys out there especially at the law schools and who fight for those who cannot defend themselves...

xbocax

Reaction score
damn do this and your set for life...or maybe for the year :]

bfalk420

Reaction score
While I was in jail a month ago in Florida I had to get a TB test ( i'm guessing what they did to you was give you a small injection on you forearm that made a little bubble and then went away?) in my case since I was locked up more than a day if I didnt do it I would have been locked down so I did it.

Reaction score
While I was in jail a month ago in Florida I had to get a TB test ( I'm guessing what they did to you was give you a small injection on you forearm that made a little bubble and then went away?) in my case since I was locked up more than a day if I didn't do it I would have been locked down so I did it.

I didn't have a choice and they kept me seperate from everyone else the whole time i was in anyways. I was waiting for some sort of reaction but it never bubbled up.

i think about filing a lawsuit all the time, but I'm not sure how long statue of limitations is and it would be my word against theirs anyhow.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i dont see how injecting you with anything can test you...normally for testing they draw blood not put something in it. CONSPIRACY! I SAY! micro tracking devises flow through your veins!

SpaceCadet

Reaction score
i dont see how injecting you with anything can test you...normally for testing they draw blood not put something in it. CONSPIRACY! I SAY! micro tracking devises flow through your veins!

For TB, they give you a shot and see if your body reacts to it. If you react, you've got it or have come in contact with it within 2 weeks or something...I had to get one done for this shitty job at an old folks home and asked the doctor about it.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score

hell i can see it happening soon..... implanting everyone with micro-chips.

but i don't see why they would give you a shot...or test you for TB if you were only being held for the night. that's messed up and i'm sorry to hear that happened to you

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads