getting clean(ish) without a shower | Squat the Planet

getting clean(ish) without a shower

L

LiveFreeDieFree

Here's a way to keep clean that I use when I start gagging on my own stench. In fact, I JUST did it.
go to a public washroom. It must be a single, private one (handicap ones are great). Stick a wad of toilet paper in the drain of the sink to plug that shit. Proceed to fill with hot (not too hot) water. Strip so your clothes dont get wet. Use the hand soap that is in the dispensor to lather up funky areas, like balls, ass, pits, etcetera. You can use a rag or something but I just use my hands. Rinse that shit by splashing handfulls of water on the soapy areas. dress and you should smell better.
This is also a good way to do sock/underwear laundry. If you do, the hand dryers are really fast at drying shit but you gotta hold it and move it around a bit.

hope this helps you.

Stay fresh peoples.

• Useful
Reactions: West
L

LiveFreeDieFree

Camp sites are great to if your near any. Some drop in centres also offer them if your young enough. Seems like the under 25s get all the good shit.

I try to stay away from drop in type places. They tend to have nasty bathrooms and showers, plus sketchy,ununsavory types tend to flock to them.
campsites work sometimes, but depending on the place you might have to get a key.

And ya, being a youth was nice. We got the best shelters.
Probably the best place I've found would be condo buildings. Alot of them have indoor pools and showers. Some even have sauna rooms. I used to do that almost daily back in the day in Vancouver. just find a way in (use your imagination) and you're golden. Id recommend doing it late at night cause they're empty then.

janktoaster

Reaction score
I love me a good bathroom shower

johnnymarie

Reaction score
one time at a wyoming truck stop i was bird bathin' it up in the restroom, naked as fuck, one leg up on the sink really scrubbin my junk. apparently i didn't lock the door. some old lady walked in on me and goes "OH LORD" and shuts the door as fast as she can lol. i cleaned up the best i could and went outside to go smoke a cigarette and pull out my atlas, she comes out and hands me a fifty dollar bill and a cinnamon roll. win.

Last edited:

Ridire

Reaction score
I usually just wash off in lakes and streams when I get an opportunity. Clean enough as long as it's not a cesspit like the Taunton or the Mississippi.

Reactions: skillpore
D

Deleted member 20

I routinely heal or prevent crotch rot from chaffing with purell. This is hard core sometimes so if you are squeemish to pain, or paranoid about chemicals & most likely from cali; dont try. Basicly as often as i can if unable to bath/shower in a pool, shower or hot tub, beach, river etc. I just get a healthy handfull of the isopropyl gel & distribute around my balls, ass, pits etc. It tends to burn but it dont bother me as much as the thought of infection etc. I will clean up via bird baths in sinks, use garden hoses at parking garages or alongside businessrs & hoses & always carry a bar of soap & wash cloth. At times in winter, outdoor stealth bathing isnt possible where as porta potties & public restrooms often have purell. :D

Last edited:

Mongo

Reaction score
I routinely heal or prevent crotch rot from chaffing with purell. This is hard core sometimes so if you are squeemish to pain, or paranoid aboyt chemicals & most likely from cali; dont try. Basicly as often as i can if unable to bath/shower in a pool, shower or hot tub, beach, river etc. I just get a healthy handfull of the isopropyl gel & distribute around my balls, ass, pits etc. It tends to burn but it dont bother me as much as the thought of infection etc. I will clean up via bird baths in sinks, use garden hoses at parking garages or alongside businessrs & hoses & always carry a bar of soap & wash cloth. At times in winter, outdoor stealth bathing isnt possible where as porta potties & public restrooms often have purell. :D

Does purell burn less then alcohol wipes? I tried using alcohol wipes once and those fuckers burn. The only reason I would do this is if you know infection is starting and you it's going to slow you down.

Reactions: Broke Bitch
D

Deleted member 20

I use alcohol wipes as well. Im pretty sure that the ingrediants are the same with the difference is most wipes are tiny & barely moist. A handfull of hand sanitizer sure wakes up the senses.

Sunblossom

Reaction score
one time at a wyoming truck stop i was bird bathin' it up in the restroom, naked as fuck, one leg up on the sink really scrubbin my junk. apparently i didn't lock the door. some old lady walked in on me and goes "OH LORD" and shuts the door as fast as she can lol. i cleaned up the best i could and went outside to go smoke a cigarette and pull out my atlas, she comes out and hands me a fifty dollar bill and a cinnamon roll. win.
That is friggin AWESOME! :D

bobf

Reaction score
Here's a way to keep clean that I use when I start gagging on my own stench. In fact, I JUST did it.
go to a public washroom. It must be a single, private one (handicap ones are great). Stick a wad of toilet paper in the drain of the sink to plug that shit. Proceed to fill with hot (not too hot) water. Strip so your clothes dont get wet. Use the hand soap that is in the dispensor to lather up funky areas, like balls, ass, pits, etcetera. You can use a rag or something but I just use my hands. Rinse that shit by splashing handfulls of water on the soapy areas. dress and you should smell better.
This is also a good way to do sock/underwear laundry. If you do, the hand dryers are really fast at drying shit but you gotta hold it and move it around a bit.

hope this helps you.

Stay fresh peoples.
use a small spritz bottle with warm
soapy water, do couple parts, wash with clean sock, dry with clean sock, repeat till done.

Dmac

Reaction score
heat a little water over the fire, use a washcloth or your bandanna, wash yourself. does not get any simpler than that. even without soap, it will make a big difference. rinse out bandanna/washcloth when possible.

• Useful
Reactions: DonnyDerelict

bobf

Reaction score
heat a little water over the fire, use a washcloth or your bandanna, wash yourself. does not get any simpler than that. even without soap, it will make a big difference. rinse out bandanna/washcloth when possible.
very good my friend, I thank you.

lone wolf

Reaction score
gatorade bottle and a bar of irish spring (cause it's the best) in a locked public bathroom and you can take a really good shower. i use the toilet paper to soak up the gallon of water i get on the floor. on days that i didn't shower; some stores have free hand wipes, grab a bunch and seal them in a plastic bag. they are good to keep your feet, pits and privates clean.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads