Gettin to Europe....

tomcan

Reaction score
How do I do it? Livin and travelin in the states is great, but I want to go to Europe, can I catch a boat headed to the UK or somethin? How does this work? Do I have to spange enough for a plane ticket? How does everyone else do it?

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
get a job...
No, seriously though, you can find one way flights around 300$ consistently, its not hard to come up with that kind of money.
Iceland air, when you go through keflavik, you will get a schengen entry stamp, get a flight something like NYC-RVK-KBH, then you will be entering into the continent with a 3 month allowance to be here.
Taking a boat is not likely a cheaper option, unless you happen to have a captains license, or tons of experience working on boats.
Trying to get into the UK would be your worst option also, rather try to enter a country in schengen.

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Or you can boat-hike!!! www.findacrew.net
I know people that have done it. You might have to spend some time looking online, there are some other websites, but you can find someone who can take you somewhere in Europe for work exchange and then just hitch to the UK.
Unless you are well experienced in crewing, dont expect boat hitching to be cheaper than a cheap flight. Sure, fucking cool, great idea too, but not likely cheap

Reactions: barefootinbabylon

almond

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
If you google Matrix flight booking ITA theres a website that (you cant buy tickets directly through) but basically shows the cheapest flights out of almost every airline. I've gotten to Berlin for $248 around late last Sept.
If you leave in the winter you'll pay easily half as much.
As for boats, I was always under the impression that freighters would be cheaper than flights but apparently you have to rent a living area on the ship and it's usually upwards of a grand and takes a lot more time. So. Ehh. FLY. WINTER. GO GO GO. it's incredibly fucking beautiful hoboing there.

Reactions: ByronMc

fotorebelion

Reaction score
Website
labbs.et
i am looking to travel back to the usa.. dont realy care where i land as long is its on the east coast area... ie nyc, boston, philly i can get around from there.. but just need a cheap hop over.. i used to use this airchitch stuff but they dont seem to exist anymore.. anybody know about standbys or in the biz tickets?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads