Fuck Everything

hunter

Reaction score
so ive been stuck in my head for the last year and a half with some stupid chick i knew i could never stand living some stupid life ready to settle. fuck that. i cant do this life. ive done nothing but read and research about traveling, hopping, everything so i can one day leave. i got straight nobody that understands this life and the motivations behind it. i need out but cant seem to bring myself to do it alone. to just get on the freeway with no direction and a thumb.anybody willing to help out a newbie ill come meet up with you if your down to show me the ropes and arent a complete wastoid.

maximussupertramp

Reaction score
damn, im about to hit the road again and i was looking for some company but im in south Florida. honestly dude, just do it. eventually, if you travel long enough, you'll end up by yourself; for one reason or another, and its a pretty shitty and scary feeling at first, but you'll wake up the next morning and realize your alive and all is well. honestly in my opinion there's something kinda therapeutic about traveling alone, specially if you've just gone through something that was more or less emotionally traumatizing. when your traveling alone i feel like you really learn alot about yourself, and you learn to really rely on your self, which has always helped me when i get out of a failed relationship. if you wanna travel just do it, chances are you will meet some awesome ppl along the way, but for the love of god just take that first step and get the fuck out of there even if it means hitting that on ramp on the lonesome* and never look back
*(single hitch hikers always get picked up alot faster than multiple ppl in my experience, so that's a plus)

Reactions: Nikki

maximussupertramp

Reaction score
honestly its probably the hardest leap you'll make (on matters considering travelling) youll look back 5 months from now and say; why the fuck didnt i do this earlier (maybe i dunno, some ppl i actually i hate traveling when they actually do it, but there's only one way to find out =))

Reactions: bryanpaul

hunter

Reaction score
Damn man its like all the shit someone needs to tell me but im like fuck I want someone to do it with but yet fuck I don't need any person but myself

SickOfDodge

Reaction score
I left to travel my first time with 2 broken ft hopped my first trsin with 2 broken feet on the fly too from richmond va to jacksonville fl. My sleeping bag fellout too. Wss I pisst hellllllll noo oh yea nd it rsinec on us the whole time. I fuckin loved it. Get in that get shit done mind set and you too can go anywhere and see everything my man. Just do it!

Reactions: maximussupertramp

Noble Savage

Reaction score
better to hit the tar with a purpose than a "have to"...run to, not from...

a giant magic marker and a piece of cardboard is your ticket anywhere

I recently took a little trip and @ 48 and having jumped into a thousand strangers car back in the day...it took a few seconds @ the door with my pack on and guitar in hand..."do I really want to do this?" ....but as soon as I stepped out it was like home

the road makes all human relationships a bitch because its like a jealous lover you see all the time that keeps calling you and reminding you how good it was

Reactions: EphemeralStick

Ouija

Reaction score
These guys are all right man. My first time I was at the local bar with a friend, we got drunk as shxt and had been planning to leave in a few weeks. We decided then and there to leave right away, went to our sleep spots and packed our bags and started walking. I'm in the Tampa Fla area and we mostly walked north about 70 miles hitching here and there until we got a ride to jacksonville where the yard is beautiful and the trains are fairly easy to determine the direction. We hopped trains and hitched up to Roanoke where we got split up; I continued on to Ohio by myself and eventually made my way back to FL and every few weeks I get that bug to wanna go out again. It was an awesome experience I recommend it to everyone; It requires discipline and a want to go forward when ur stuck somewhere; the great thing is you always make it when you have no destination; he who expects nothing shall never be dissapointed. Be smart and respect your common sense it will do you well. Do it man!!

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
careful how much you read about travellin and shit. dont let it get romantic. it aint all 40s and boxcars. but i sympathize with yer lament. ive yet to find anything that'll stop the voices

Reactions: Gonx

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads