From Columbus w/Love

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
Just giving a shout out to the three people I met and gave a ride to from Columbus, OH to Lexington, KY. It was a good day. Tree, Brock, and Poe, hello!!!

I was coming from WalMart and these three were flying a sign. I offered to come back once I had some cash, but turned around before I got to where I was going, came back and got them some Wendys. Using my GPS, 2010 atlas, and local phone book, we figured out the price of a Greyhound from hither to yon, and decided together it would cost less (and be more fun) if I gave them a lift. I got my wife's permission, and off we set. We watched some vids on YouTube and had some laughs first, and then took the three hour trip out of state. They'd been stuck here for three days, and in town for a total of seven, I think. Anyway, they're good people. I've been homeless, but never ridden the rails. I know only that I don't know anything.

I found this on Wikipedia:

[/LIST]
I wanted to see what others thought. I figure the Wikipedia article is fraught with mistakes and out of date, especially because of some of the slang used, such as "skank" for a handkerchief. LOL. If anyone else is going to pass through Columbus, keep in mind it's an NS train yard, it's a ghost yard, but also if you do find your way here, if you let me know via email (if possible) or on here (um, also if possible), I'll make sure you get something warm in your belly and some clothes or whatever else I can help with.

WOW! I love to see genuine human compassion and kindness. welcome to STP brother, it's great to have you here. I know one out of those three kids, but I could have cared less WHO they were, what you did for them is what it's all about man. Helping out when you can help out.

I like to help out in any way I can too. I've been homeless and traveled but never hopped a train, only hitched. Even when I am on the road with little to nothing, I look for any way possible to help others if I can. When I was in PDX and managed to score a hotel room for a week, I took in a couple kids until the hotel manager threw a bitch fit. If i have food stamps, and someone else doesn't and is down on luck and hungry, I'll help out. I'm a firm believer of what you do in life comes back to you, and the more you do for others, the more good karma you get back in the long run.

Also, I squatted columbus WAY back in the day...like, late 90's...95-? Back in the days of Mean Mr Mustard's and Insomnia.

Anywho...welcome aboard. =)

P

Pheonix

Fuck. I went to Bernie's last night, and the bartender, someone pretty but young and dumb (not just pretty young and dumb) had no idea what I was talking about. I'll have to try again another night. I like it there, though. Live music FTW!

the employees don't know street life like the patrons do. except maybe for charlie (the sound guy) ... if you talk to charlie or tori (small little punk rock chick) tell them old school pheonix will be coming back to the black hole in the winter.

BlewJ

Permanent traveler in a transitory world.
Reaction score
WOW! I love to see genuine human compassion and kindness. welcome to STP brother, it's great to have you here. I know one out of those three kids, but I could have cared less WHO they were, what you did for them is what it's all about man. Helping out when you can help out.

I like to help out in any way I can too. I've been homeless and traveled but never hopped a train, only hitched. Even when I am on the road with little to nothing, I look for any way possible to help others if I can. When I was in PDX and managed to score a hotel room for a week, I took in a couple kids until the hotel manager threw a bitch fit. If i have food stamps, and someone else doesn't and is down on luck and hungry, I'll help out. I'm a firm believer of what you do in life comes back to you, and the more you do for others, the more good karma you get back in the long run.

Also, I squatted columbus WAY back in the day...like, late 90's...95-? Back in the days of Mean Mr Mustard's and Insomnia.

Anywho...welcome aboard. =)

Thank you very much. Very, very much. :)

BlewJ

Reaction score
the employees don't know street life like the patrons do. except maybe for charlie (the sound guy) ... if you talk to charlie or tori (small little punk rock chick) tell them old school pheonix will be coming back to the black hole in the winter.

I'll give it a shot. I should be in that area quite frequently since I just started Parkour.

BlewJ

Reaction score
100 of the Greatest Movie Insults =)

BlewJ

Reaction score
Who is Tori? Hound Dogs pizza is the shizzle!

BlewJ

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to read back a couple of posts. My bad.

BlewJ

Reaction score
Just when I have come to hate 97% of North Americans, I have to reconsider my views. That was a very decent thing to do.

Are people more humane elsewhere?

BlewJ

Reaction score
WHAT THE FUCK is up with people? I shared with a former employer, a friend of mine, that I gave those three a ride and he said, "I want you to promise me something. Never do something like that again."

He was concerned for my safety, and I appreciate that, but ANYONE can die ANYTIME, and I will not feel guilty for being at least a little generous. If someone I pick up kills me, I will have died doing what I believe in rather than in a mere car crash, from a heart attack, from cancer, or from doing something wrong and getting shot.

That shit pisses me off!

BlewJ

Reaction score
small punk rock chick, manager at hound dogs and regular patron of bernie's
Roger. When I get more money, I'm definitely going back to eat some of their pizza. I doubt I met Tori, though; the girl I talked to showed me the stage at the adjoining bar and said they have good music. Thanks for your help.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads