News & Blogs - Frenchmen st. musician shoots gutter punk | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs Frenchmen st. musician shoots gutter punk

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
that "sick squat with the fucked up basement"

minor correction, there are no basements in nola, for obvious reasons :p

Agreed, on all counts. To the point that I'm actually re-considering going for Mardi Gras this year.

having lived in nola for several years, it's a huge misconception that mardi gras is the best thing nola has to offer. there's a shit ton of festivals going on all spring in nola that are worth going to. mardi gras is just the most chaotic. and really, if you've done it one you've done them all. you're really not missing out on much.

if you want to experience the real new orleans, you have to spend at least 3-4 months there. you'll enjoy it a lot more than just going to one festival.

I only wonder why a musician carries a firearm. But that may be just cultural differences ...

first, he's a vet, so it's not that surprising. second, people don't really understand or appreciate how dangerous new orleans has become since the population has nearly reached it's pre-katrina numbers. with people coming back, so has the crime, and back when i was still living there and bartending everyone started getting real nervous after a fellow bartender got shot and killed in a mugging by some underage gangster kids. i started carrying a tazer myself, and it doesn't surprise me at all that other people would be walking around armed, especially late at night.

• Useful
Reactions: Mankini and Odin
C

Cree

Homebums galore in NOLA and i only stayed a day there. I liked it ok till you see them bums. They seem to clog up the islands especially on elysian field and gentilly.

Corinne

Reaction score
Website
www.incoherentmindz.tumblr.com
guns are never the answer. the article doesnt state that he threatened the veteran with a weapon or anything. this kid couldve died and nobody cares! and nola is indeed a trap. i couldnt imagine ever spending more than a week there. theres more to life than getting drunk and high, like the jazz scene for instance

Dutch

Reaction score
guns are never the answer. the article doesnt state that he threatened the veteran with a weapon or anything. this kid couldve died and nobody cares!

Of course no one cares. Just like if an old guy gets beat to death in New Orleans, no one would lose any sleep.
I've never had a group of old vets get in my face, trying to intimidate me, humiliate me etc..But it's happened a couple of times with groups of dirty kids.

• Useful
Reactions: Mankini and Odin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads