Freight hoppers

Beardo

Reaction score
hey everyone.
just to introduce myself, I am a railroad worker, (MOW) I've worked for the RR for 8 years and have been occasionally freight hopping for the last 4. always willing to help out travelers when I see them. Most of us on The RR turn a blind eye to riders and a lot of us actually admire it. keep on riding people, it's the only thing that keeps my job interesting :)

peace

Missy

Reaction score
hey everyone.
just to introduce myself, I am a railroad worker, (MOW) I've worked for the RR for 8 years and have been occasionally freight hopping for the last 4. always willing to help out travelers when I see them. Most of us on The RR turn a blind eye to riders and a lot of us actually admire it. keep on riding people, it's the only thing that keeps my job interesting :)

peace

So your willing to risk your career with the railroad to riding in a boxcar vs. a unit?

Beardo

Reaction score
I'm not on the operations side, I don't get to ride on units any old time I wish. as for risking my career? no. I'm a union member. they can't just fire me there has to be investigations that end up with a slap on the wrist and a roll of they eyes. For god sakes I know guys who have failed their piss tests more then once that just get sent to rehab with 30 days off. ..it's a well paying job but I am not going to let it dictate what I do with my personal life and on my time.

captnjack

Reaction score
hell yeah dude!
i was actually looking into possibly working for the RR in the next couple of years. glad to know we got some support for the system :D
have fun, and keep riding!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads