2016 Jamboree - Free Tools + Training | Squat the Planet

2016 Jamboree Free Tools + Training

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2016 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timetoleave

Reaction score
Anyone who's gonna be in Slab City for the jambo and is interested I'll go through the basics of framing with someone and provide basic tools. Hammer, belt, so on. Stuff that's redundant to me. I can't make you a master carpenter but it might help you get some work down the line in construction if you know how to do basic framing and wall hanging. I'm sure someone in the Slabs could use whatever we cobble together too. Just a thought. I'll post info when I actually arrive in September.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Hey I'm going to move this down to the STP Jamboree subforum - I think this is awesome - kind of a workshop.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
sounds good man, i'm sure the library could use the help/knowledge for building a new wing onto the building or something. either way i'd check out what you want to teach just out of curiosity.

Reactions: Tude
Z

zipty6425

This sort of is off topic, but still relevant in a way... This reminds me of a youtube video I watched a while back. A group of friends, and fellow squatters were all living on a plot of rural land together.... A couple in a van, a guy in a travel trailer, there was a mobile home, and they were all building a tree house together friends to crash in... It looked fun, legit, and TOTALLY AWESOME!

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
Im a Carpenter too! If you need help teaching, I'm down! Depends how many people show up, I guess

blindeafdumb

Reaction score
I'm into this. I have some experience in conventional construction, more interior/remodel stuff. But I'd be down to help with a building project and I have my own basic tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads