Free Boat in Baltimore - link in post 1 week old | Squat the Planet

Free Boat in Baltimore - link in post 1 week old

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
that actually looks like a really good deal, just keep in mind you're probably going to have to pay a minimum of 500 bucks to have it put in the water, plus any back dock fees.

MetalBryan

Reaction score
Matt - yeah, that's a good point. There's a few boats in this area right now that are priced below $500 but "free" seemed worth sharing.

I'm only in the research phase and trying to decide if I want to beg friends who have a trailer hitch and/or space I can park the thing to work on it, or if I want to buy something already in the water... which adds about $5,000 to the price!

There was a fiberglass ~20ft. sailboat a couple weeks ago for $150 and I figured if I got 5 friends to chip in we could just pick it up and carry it into the water then fuck around. Probably be the best $25 any of us would have spent and cheaper than sailing lessons. The only problem would be what to do with it if it DIDN'T sink lol.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Honestly, if I was serious about boat living/travel I would jump on that listing, since it's got a motor and most things you would need, even paying 500-1000 in dock fees and getting it in the water it would still be a total steal.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads