France.

scarlet

Reaction score
Any info on radical spots, squats, art squats, info shops, cafes, spectacles, good areas where there are street performers? I'm in Paris but info on other parts of France would be good.

Where are all the gypsys?
I'm finally not sick anymore and it's time for some exploring.

Sam and Laura

Reaction score
Marseille and Clermont Ferrand seem to me the most 'liberal´places in France.....Lyon also.
If you're busking head down to Vichy....It's perhaps the worst place in the world but you can make 30 euros an hour easy.

Mihail Morea

Reaction score
Hey Scarlet, visit Shakespeare and Co. - it's not a squat, but it is a pretty radical spot and definitely an interesting spectacle. Tainted, of course, by hordes of tourists, but the people that work there are poor literary types who(even if they're a bit too stereotypical and try-hard) know a lot of interesting places and events to go to. Shit, I had an excellent book called Strange Nights in Paris. Look up the Rocky Horror Picture Show performance every Friday and Saturday, one of the evenings it's performed by a group of transvestites. And it's interactive! There's really lots to do and see in Paris. If I find that book I'll let you know and point out a few good spots.

Reactions: lalalazoe

DisPanik

Reaction score
Les Tanneries. A huge squat in Dijon. Antisect is playing there on march 17. Just take a look at their site. The pictures were taken in 2007. I don't know if it change much.
P1010101.JPG
P1010110.JPG
P1010111.JPG

lalalazoe

Reaction score
La Miroiterie is the oldest squat in paris... its on blvd menilmontant, in the 11eme arondissement. they got lots of punk and hardcore shows there pretty often. they usually charge 5 euros or somethin, and the people arent wicked friendly in my opinion, but its def a cool place to check out and the musics great.
in marseille, in the south youve got to check out the CIRA... the Centre International de la Recherche de l Anarchisme. they just changed addresses and i dont know the new one, but if you look them up youll find them. theres a guy named Gilbert who works there. Really, really nice guy who knows his shit and will gladly hang out and talk to you about the sickest revolutionary badasses from way back and give you great suggestions for reading and such things. theres also a radical space tht i havent been to yet, but heard good things about, in marseille, called le seul probleme.
then, in the north if you head to amiens (not tht interesting of a town apart from a few rly great people and a sweet noise music scene), you should check out this venue called Acceuil Froid. they have sweeeeeeet bands, and its run collectively by a bunc of people. some of which are friends of mine in a band called Headwar. if you ever get a chance to hear them, dooo, theyre wicked fun.

good luck with it all! ill be back in paris at the end of march, and after tht around the south for awhile. you should hit me up if youre nearby

lalalazoe

Reaction score
AND definitely check out Shakespear and Co. in paris too. you can spend hours and hours and days in the upstair library space. and theres a piano too, if you fancy playing a few tunes.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads