For those of you stuck in Memphis...

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score
For those of you stuck in Memphis with nowhere to sleep...

You're not in the coldest of places, luckily - but a safe place to sleep is always nice.

The CourtHouse Coop is lovely bunch of people with a warm livingroom FULL of couches.
I stayed there summer 12 and they were super kind and full of good conversation.
Hit them up, swing by and introduce yourself.
So long as you're not an asshole, I'm sure they'll lend you a couch for a night or two!

facebook.com/courthouse.coop

Good luck this winter!

Reactions: missguidedcrustpunx

dprogram

Reaction score
I agree. I'm from Memphis and they are all very cool. BUT. Don't bring liquor there. They took mine when I wanted to nap. Yeah I was just a little fucked up but I had been there before. They all have super kind hearts. So my thoughts on the Courthouse is that maybe they were trying to help me. They gave my vodka back and I left in total embarrassment. =( I really felt bad. Apologized wholeheartedly. Still embarrassed. Good folks. Just make sure you don't come in overly intoxicated in the middle of the day. Mad Love to the Court House folks.

Reactions: eske silver

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score
Yea, the vibe there was way mellow, for sure.
They were making a ton of kumbucha and yumminess under the sink, and we drank wine together over dinner a couple nights, but other than being insanely stoned, no one there seemed the vapor and fumes type.
Also, now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing anyone actually drunk while I was there.
Except the traveling band that played there one night and the house-show guests.
When I first came to stay, I brought a thank you bottle of jack, and the reaction to the seemed a little... off. In hinds-sight, it was prolly apprehension!
I think CourtHouse prolly had their fair share of crazy drunk travelers, and may be a little scarred from the experience, lol.

Reactions: kidbob

dprogram

Reaction score
On their page on intentional communities they mention it being a poison.

OR! You can always message me and if Im in the area at the time I'll see what I can do. If anything I've always got my van which is safer than the majority of the city. lol

Last edited:

dprogram

Reaction score
For those of you stuck in Memphis with nowhere to sleep...

You're not in the coldest of places, luckily - but a safe place to sleep is always nice.

The CourtHouse Coop is lovely bunch of people with a warm livingroom FULL of couches.
I stayed there summer 12 and they were super kind and full of good conversation.

Just noticed this part. Oh man I hope you never encountered me while I was on a drinking spree. Im sure I was there for part of 2012 for one full afternoon.

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score
Just noticed this part. Oh man I hope you never encountered me while I was on a drinking spree. Im sure I was there for part of 2012 for one full afternoon.

Hah I dont think so. There was one random band that swooped through for a night but I got there literally the Day that a group of travelers swept through and was the only one on the couches for about two weeks.
The damn band drummer passed out drunk on my favorite couch though, and I got stuck sleeping on a shitty one-seater with my arse on a puffseat. Such assholeness. Much uncomfy :(

eske silver

In Disguise
Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads