finding dead bodies

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Oh the parts

Arrow, that's a creepier find than mine, because all the time you have to be thinking: WHERE IS THE REST OF YOU? On the other hand I knew someone to find a severed arm, and then later, she found some homebums cooking right where the arm was (she couldn't tell if it was still there, being cooked, or not). She didn't ask any questions, just got her stuff and left.

Before this, the only close experience I had was when I got my nose an inch away from what seemed to be a be a root vegetable and then I thought, wow, those roots really look like little clawed feet. They look a lot like clawed feet. Wait... those are clawed feet. It turned out to be the bottom half of the soaked body of a possum. I recoiled and felt sick for a little bit, but it was probably fresh enough to cook and eat.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
oohh! ohh! my turn!

this one time, at band cam... er... in vancouver, washington, two friends and i were walking to the north end of the train yard to catch a train to seattle. we walked for quite a few miles until we found a good spot that was next to the tracks and in the middle of nowhere. it was late at night, and very dark. the first thing we noticed as we settled in was that there was a huge 80 gallon stockpot about 5-10 feet away from us, which i thought was kinda odd, but you see all sorts of weird junk when you're next to the tracks... so anyways, we slept through the night waiting for our train, although i was occasionally awoken by the wafting stench of death... but after a minute it would go away again, so i slept till morning.

in the morning though, we all woke up to the hot sun... and swarms of flies. also back was the stench of death, so thick you could cut it with a knife. we were all gagging, and looking around thinking, "what the fuck?" when we saw the 80 gallon stock pot... with two hooves sticking out the top. throughly grossed out, i could only get within a few feet to see that someone had left a stock pot with two full front cow legs sticking out of it, and i mean FULL legs, like up to the cow's shoulder.

now who the hell would leave that just sitting in the middle of nowhere?

C

Crazycoon

Exile said:
Tell the police no matter who it is in respect for the dead. Its only right seriously.

Post edited by: Exile, at: 2007/10/16 10:44

The dead are dead, and I doubt the spirit cares much about its former flesh and bones. However, out of respect for the earth, tell no one. Let it go back to soil. Coffins and any form of bodily preservation after death is the ultimate last expression of human greed. We give nothing back to nature in life so heres your chance, tell no one....

Labea

Reaction score
My only concern about not reporting a dead body is that the person who murdered it, if indeed it was a homicide, would never get caught. I don't think I would feel very good about myself if I didn't report something like that.

Although I rather like the idea of dying and just being lost, never found, or identified, so it was like, "what happened to that one girl... the one with the huge gums"... go out Agatha Christi style, you know?

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I do wish bodies would have messages with them, like a readable journal that explains something. Maybe something like "There are too many of them, the walking dead surrounds us, but we have no water left, we must have one last battle. There are too many of them... We've won, but I was bitten, and have been infected. I must hide myself away from others and bind myself so that I will not become one of them until I have rotted away... I am growing weak now, but my cords are secure. The end is near and"

Labea

Reaction score
finn said:
I do wish bodies would have messages with them, like a readable journal that explains something. Maybe something like "There are too many of them, the walking dead surrounds us, but we have no water left, we must have one last battle. There are too many of them... We've won, but I was bitten, and have been infected. I must hide myself away from others and bind myself so that I will not become one of them until I have rotted away... I am growing weak now, but my cords are secure. The end is near and"

SICK! in a good way...

that would be undeniably creepy.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads