Finding a place to sleep...

0ddity

Reaction score
Ok so, this has happened to me a few times in the past couple of weeks. I'll get dropped off on the outskirts of some small town and it is nearly night.(I don't like hitching at night, usually because I'm tired and I'd rather not get smashed by a car.) There isn't really much around me except for gas stations, sorted other businesses, bars, and hotel/motels. Where does one sleep without having to resort to using reserve money for a motel? Not really a problem in a big city, there are tons of places to sleep.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
anywhere you wont been seen!!!! behind bushes, dumpsters any little patch of woods. just think like a ninja.

Reactions: Quetzal

spoon

The coolest person you never met.
Reaction score
A bush/tree line or a dumpster if its raining.
You have "reserve" money? Like Steel Reserve?

Is this even a real question?

crow

Reaction score
Bushes, woods, Between buildings that don't open until 5am. Early bird gets the worm, right. Early traveler doesn't get busted. Use your instincts. Watch a place for an hour. determine the traffic, and visibility from all angles.

0ddity

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys.
-
And Spoon, I haven't been on the road too long. I've been on the road for a little over 2 weeks.

Tanner

Reaction score
usually if you are on the outskirts of towns there is almost always some kind of shrubs and trees around on and off ramps. thats where i usually end up, plus its nice to wake up, walk ten feet and be on your on ramp ready to get the shit out of there

chaosfactorxx

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Pretty much anywhere ninja. I much prefer outskirts of towns to big cities. Less of a chance of getting woken up by cops.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
i love how a good percent of highway exits in america have nice little stands of trees right there for you to sleep/chill in

spoon

The coolest person you never met.
Reaction score
Wasn't really trying to be rude. Just found it a little odd. Most people don't even consider getting a hotel. Unless its after a gathering or something.

Puckett

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
i love how a good percent of highway exits in america have nice little stands of trees right there for you to sleep/chill in

i have noticed alot of those places are getting cleared out because people like to camp in them. it kinda suxs cuz they are nice to crash in after you get droped off you can just go right there.

and no one has said under a bridge, not bad never had any problems when i stayed under them.

Reactions: 0ddity
D

Deleted member 2626

I get motels. I work for what money I have though. I aint a gutter punk just a tramp. I do what i can. Motels are nice sometimes, chill out watch some tube and get baked before tramping again. I dont get then often but look forward to it when I do

Myechtatel

Reaction score
A bush/tree line or a dumpster if its raining.
You have "reserve" money? Like Steel Reserve?

Is this even a real question?
I have reserve money too. Not everyone spends every dollar they make on beer.

Anyway, I find that small towns are usually better to find places to sleep. More woods, less cops... I prefer sleeping in my tent so I'll take a patch of woods any day.

Reactions: 0ddity

Dmac

Reaction score
i can always find a place to sleep if i am around small towns or in the country. big cities suck, i never feel secure when i pic a place. give me a haystack anytime!

Reactions: Mankini

LeeevinKansas

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
usually if you are on the outskirts of towns there is almost always some kind of shrubs and trees around on and off ramps. thats where i usually end up, plus its nice to wake up, walk ten feet and be on your on ramp ready to get the shit out of there

you sir have about summed it up.

i slept in a ditch on the edge of newton once. cars were going by 10 ft from me. even lightpoles were on the sidewalk. but the shadow covered this area of trees. and the ditch was shallow but deep enough if i laid flat and didnt move around, although slitly uncomfortable, i could sleep. and no one would bother me. the last thing on someones mind is "i wonder if theres any hobos sleeping along this ditch next to this road ive never seen hobos in ditches in?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads