Fetish - let's make this clear - | Squat the Planet

Fetish - let's make this clear -

M

Mouse

Fetish: Psychology . any object or nongenital part of the body thatcauses a habitual erotic response or fixation.

I have a small pet peeve at how often this word gets thrown around and misused so I figured why not educate a lil bit....

The key to this term is that it is habitual and a fixation. You do not have a "fetish" if you can take it or leave it.A fetish is something you can't do without. If you are unable to enjoy a sex act unless it involves a certain thing you are fixated with (such as feet or bunny costumes) then you have an actual fetish.

If you LIKE having your toes sucked on but you can enjoy sex when that doesn't happen, you do not have a legit fetish. Don't exaggerate your sexual desires by labeling them as a fetish. You might have some kinky ideas but you probably do not have a psychological fixation on something. It's actually a big deal for people that have this issue because they can't enjoy sex with out it and that can cause a load of awkward social situations and can ruin relationships if other's don't understand.

Unslap

Reaction score
Fetish: Psychology . any object or nongenital part of the body thatcauses a habitual erotic response or fixation.

Like boobs. I think I have a boob fetish

bryanpaul

Reaction score
i disagree ..... the definition doesnt say that a fetish is something you CANT be aroused without......it says "any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation "....... to me that means it's not really a REQUIREMENT that your preference be performed/fulfilled before you can be satisfied....to me it means that an object or body part or act that is not normally associated with sexual pleasure, gets you off..... to me, a person could fuck all the time...gettin off and gettin pleasure, witout their "fetish" being involved..... but that doesnt change the fact that theyve developed a mental "thing" that causes them to be aroused by something that doesnt involve the classic sex act................. i think you can have a foot or violence or spitting "fetish"....and still get off otherwise, you just really have an obsession/fixation with what you into .......................................................................................................................................................................................................... i like my tummy rubbed....ALOT :oops:

M

Mouse

i disagree ..... the definition doesnt say that a fetish is something you CANT be aroused without......it says "any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation "....... to me that means it's not really a REQUIREMENT that your preference be performed/fulfilled before you can be satisfied....to me it means that an object or body part or act that is not normally associated with sexual pleasure, gets you off..... to me, a person could fuck all the time...gettin off and gettin pleasure, witout their "fetish" being involved..... but that doesnt change the fact that theyve developed a mental "thing" that causes them to be aroused by something that doesnt involve the classic sex act................. i think you can have a foot or violence or spitting "fetish"....and still get off otherwise, you just really have an obsession/fixation with what you into .......................................................................................................................................................................................................... i like my tummy rubbed....ALOT :oops:

Do I need to define "habitual" and"fixation" for you too? Doesn't matter if you agree or not, the definition of a word is fact.

webster defines it a little more clearly... http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fetish
"c: an object or bodily part whose real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object of fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression"

DregeDE

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
What about fellatio then? If I aint getting blown I'm not interested. Does that count?

Reactions: wokofshame
M

Mouse

Oh, and just because someone cums it doesn't really mean they were sexual gratified. just ask pretty much any girl that's had a weak lay. You might get off, but it wasn't what you wanted.

People can orgasm when being rapped, that doesn't make it was gratifying. Orgasms aren't the main concern. it's complete gratification.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Oh, and just because someone cums it doesn't really mean they were sexual gratified. just ask pretty much any girl that's had a weak lay. You might get off, but it wasn't what you wanted.

Hey now, same goes for guys.

Reactions: MiztressWinter
K

Kim Chee

[quote="Mouse, post: 95236, member: 29"
...Orgasms aren't the main concern. it's complete gratification.[/quote]

bill clinton response: "define gratification"

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
thanks for posting this, i also think the term is overused, or not used correctly about 90% of the time.

suprhromnn

Reaction score
Do I need to define "habitual" and"fixation" for you too? Doesn't matter if you agree or not, the definition of a word is fact.
webster defines it a little more clearly... http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fetish
"c: an object or bodily part whose real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object of fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression"

No here, let me define those for you:

ha·bit·u·al/həˈbiCHo͞oəl/

Adjective:
  1. Done as a habit.
  2. Regular; usual: "his habitual dress"
fix·a·tion/fikˈsāSHən/

Noun:
  1. An obsessive interest in or feeling about someone or something.
  2. The arresting of part of the libido at an immature stage, causing an obsessive attachment.
Nowhere does it say that it is a requirement. HABITS ARE NOT NECESSARILY SOMETHING YOU DO DAY IN AND DAY OUT.
It is something you do more often than not, but not something that you always do.
What a close-minded view to have of fetishes. One can have multiple fetishes that they may or may not partake in every day, or every time they have sex.

Reactions: RVLG

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
What a close-minded view to have of fetishes. One can have multiple fetishes that they may or may not partake in every day, or every time they have sex.

then, by definition, it is not a fetish. it's a "turn on". i don't understand what's so hard to understand about the definition of fetishism.

• Haha
Reactions: Mankini

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads