Fear and Loathing in the midwest | Squat the Planet

Fear and Loathing in the midwest

hazeinmybong

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I'm in Iowa looking for company. I am very effective panhandling and also hit the food pantries or dumpster dive. I don't really have any route planned or anything, but I do want to find mushrooms. I see people who are active on the board in Ohio and the ovoids are popping in the east from PA down to GA, but I am conflicted because I imagine that there are tons of cubes in the south and I could ride the Mississippi down to MO and AR which are beautiful country and then go east to GA. Anyway, hit me up.

Valdice

Banned
Reaction score
I'm planning on heading to Kentucky in the next few months, I'm stockpiling gear up until I start getting disability to supplement my costs on my month/s long trips. and down south will be my first, it's going to be on foot for me, I don't know what kind of transport, or gear you have, but I'm planning on packing enough for 2 if you want to meet me in Ohio and we can walk South together until I hit the Bowling Green, Kentucky area.

I'd love someone to accompany me who's had experience living on the street in case things go South, and I feel like we could share some of our experiences to help ease the pain of traveling alone.

hazeinmybong

Banned
Reaction score
I kind of wanted to get over by PA. I am riding a bike with a few bags and a tent on it. I ride most of the way. Every time I catch a flat, someone offers me a ride. One time, like magic, I had a puncture flat and could hear the air wiz, wiz, wiz out and a guy was stopping to ask if I needed a ride. He didn't even know I had a flat. He took me 30 miles to the next town in Arkansas. I've taken a couple other rides. One in a truck from Houston, TX to Denver, CO and one just another short jump last week in Iowa in a car. I am actually down to push my bike to travel with someone traveling the same way as me, but we would be limited to rides from trucks because the bike takes up the back seat of a car. I dress like a cyclist, but I am not really a Type A personality. Maybe more than some, but I not a yuppie.

Last edited:

hazeinmybong

Banned
Reaction score
I've gone Janesville, WI > Dubuque, IA > Cedar Falls, IA > Marshalltown, IA > Des Moines, IA.

I did some volunteer work at the Bike Collective and greased a couple kids bikes. Then, I saw a free show, Lake Street Dive, who were actually very good. I sat with some blond sisters. I was choppin it up with the younger one before her older attached sister got there. She was really good looking, but she appeared to be on some kind of weight loss program and she is on the wrong track. Anyway, they were drinking and getting buzzed and that girl got a little moist over some guy with money and was afraid I might smell her so we parted ways. I rode around a little bit, I did find a bike punk chick down there that I will mail at her home address.

Des Moines, IA > Marshalltown, IA > Waterloo, IA > Dubuque, IA > La Cross, WI > St. Paul MN

I am making awesome time. I think I was taking advantage of some of the special thermals that form in river valleys. 71mi in 4hr 10 min @ 17.5mph. There were parts of that where I was averaging more like 18.5mph! I am trying to get some work here painting. I need to get a phone and I will take a picture of my bike.

Kilo

Banned
Reaction score
Iowa sucks for panhandling! Ive been arrested for nothing twice and the tweekers are dangerous! I recommend south dakota for panhandling. The police dont arrest you and the people are way nicer! i guess its the last frontier! :)

• Useful
Reactions: roughdraft

Kilo

Banned
Reaction score
I'm planning on heading to Kentucky in the next few months, I'm stockpiling gear up until I start getting disability to supplement my costs on my month/s long trips. and down south will be my first, it's going to be on foot for me, I don't know what kind of transport, or gear you have, but I'm planning on packing enough for 2 if you want to meet me in Ohio and we can walk South together until I hit the Bowling Green, Kentucky area.

I'd love someone to accompany me who's had experience living on the street in case things go South, and I feel like we could share some of our experiences to help ease the pain of traveling alone.
easy to get disability in Kentucky?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads