farm work???

BrianC503

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
i have been looking online for a place that will let you work on a farm for room and board... maybe even pay a small stipend that i could save up for my travels. the only sites i found so far were on WWOOF- and ill be honest... it says i shouldnt even sign up because i have a felony on my record.

i know of a place in carlton, oregon that puts people up, but there is a waiting list and im trying to get out of the area. i know times have changes, but i just want to find a work situation like in 'of mice and men'. i am extremely good with plants (went to school for horticulture), but i have no experience with animals.

if people could just start rattling off some places, ill surely look into them.

now i know this is the longest shot ever, but i was also wondering about working on a NOCAL cannabis farm for the season... thats where i used all of my college education, was to grow pot here in oregon. i know that nobody trusts anybody, but maybe there is a way to get in???

K

Kim Chee

There are ways to get in. Online is probably the most sketchy way for a grower to let somebody into his farm.

Craigslist "work trade" has worked for me. As for WWOOF their $25 fee is a turn off. WWOOF does not use that $25 to do any background checks. All they are doing is bringing farmer and worker together and compiling reviews of farmers and workers. If you know somebody who has a membership, they can look for opportunities in the area you are looking for work for you (send you screenshots).

• Useful
Reactions: VikingAdventurer

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
Yeah, unless the farm you contact does their own background checks (which seems very unlikely), I don't think the felony should be an issue. Workaway and HelpX are similar sites to WWOOF that you might want to check out. They both have similar membership fees but you can look at the host listings before paying the fee to see if it's worth it.

D

Deleted member 125

i have a woof book thats a few years dated, thats being mailed to my new home sometime in the next few weeks, remind me if yer still interested via a PM and ill take some screen shots of states you are interested in.

watson

Reaction score
There are ways to get in. Online is probably the most sketchy way for a grower to let somebody into his farm.

Craigslist "work trade" has worked for me. As for WWOOF their $25 fee is a turn off. WWOOF does not use that $25 to do any background checks. All they are doing is bringing farmer and worker together and compiling reviews of farmers and workers. If you know somebody who has a membership, they can look for opportunities in the area you are looking for work for you (send you screenshots).
i would seriously consider it if i knew anything about the site, like how reliable it is and stuff. iv heard lots about it it seems like a nice way to start searching.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads