News & Blogs Fake Money - has "Movie Money" on it - back again

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Hey all - this has surfaced before but is back again - had a couple issues of this in my area this week - may be more. One was a guy who sold some band equipment on craigslist. He was not a happy camper on this morning's news.

However, today, 5/10/17 - another guy ripped off (kick down or payment for work - not sure) was over at a dirty kids facebook group - he is in Dallas, GA. Keep an eye out for that darn "movie money" stuff.

Guy from GA fake money pic.

2ns860k.jpg

Local article

Fake movie money being passed around Genesee County

burtonpolicemoneyjpg-add3bd38f1621402.jpg

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2017/02/fake_movie_money_being_passed.html

Burton police are advising residents to be on the lookout for fake $100 bills circulating in the area. The fake bills are marked "For Motion Picture Use Only" in the top left corner and on the back. (Courtesy of Burton Police Department)

on February 26, 2017 at 12:00 PM, updated February 26, 2017 at 12:01 PM

GENESEE COUNTY -- Burton police have put out a warning to Genesee County residents after they were alerted of people trying to pass off fake money at local businesses.

But the $100 bills have some distinguishing characteristics that residents can be on the lookout for to make sure they're not a victim of the scam.

Burton police Detective Don Schreiber said residents and businesses have turned in the bills marked in the upper left corner and on the back with the words "For Motion Picture Use Only."

The bills are legal to possess, Schreiber said, but it's illegal to try use them as real currency.

"Please take an extra moment to look over the bills and make sure that they are real," reads a Burton police Facebook post. "If there is any doubt, ask for a smaller denomination or different bill."

Anyone with questions or information about the scam may contact Burton police at 810-742-2542.

A

AlwaysLost

Hey all - this has surfaced before but is back again - had a couple issues of this in my area this week - may be more. One was a guy who sold some band equipment on craigslist. He was not a happy camper on this morning's news.

However, today, 5/10/17 - another guy ripped off (kick down or payment for work - not sure) was over at a dirty kids facebook group - he is in Dallas, GA. Keep an eye out for that darn "movie money" stuff.

Guy from GA fake money pic.

View attachment 36919

Local article

Fake movie money being passed around Genesee County

View attachment 36920

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2017/02/fake_movie_money_being_passed.html

Burton police are advising residents to be on the lookout for fake $100 bills circulating in the area. The fake bills are marked "For Motion Picture Use Only" in the top left corner and on the back. (Courtesy of Burton Police Department)

on February 26, 2017 at 12:00 PM, updated February 26, 2017 at 12:01 PM

GENESEE COUNTY -- Burton police have put out a warning to Genesee County residents after they were alerted of people trying to pass off fake money at local businesses.

But the $100 bills have some distinguishing characteristics that residents can be on the lookout for to make sure they're not a victim of the scam.

Burton police Detective Don Schreiber said residents and businesses have turned in the bills marked in the upper left corner and on the back with the words "For Motion Picture Use Only."

The bills are legal to possess, Schreiber said, but it's illegal to try use them as real currency.

"Please take an extra moment to look over the bills and make sure that they are real," reads a Burton police Facebook post. "If there is any doubt, ask for a smaller denomination or different bill."

Anyone with questions or information about the scam may contact Burton police at 810-742-2542.

I'm sorry but anyone dumb enuff to fall for this deserves to get taken.

• Haha
Reactions: Brother X

bystander

Reaction score

DrewSTNY

Reaction score
1 COMMENT
  • 4778?s=32&d=http%3A%2F%2F2.gravatar.com%2Favatar%2Fad516503a11cd5ca435acc9bb6523536%3Fs%3D32&r=G.png

FRED
    Any business that had an employee accept a fake C note should immediately give additional training to it’s employees.
    Can’t blame the Employee if Management never trained them how to accept and verify large denomination bills.
This comment on the article is pretty ignorant. Most people want to avoid conflict and unless the person has specific training on fake money, I doubt that they would do anything.

The flip side is that, although I don't necessarily agree with thievery, you have to be careful whose Cheerios you're pissing in. Passing bills at the corner store run by the old couple versus the big mega-corp box store are two different levels of shadiness in my opinion.

black

Reaction score
This comment on the article is pretty ignorant. Most people want to avoid conflict and unless the person has specific training on fake money, I doubt that they would do anything.

The flip side is that, although I don't necessarily agree with thievery, you have to be careful whose Cheerios you're pissing in. Passing bills at the corner store run by the old couple versus the big mega-corp box store are two different levels of shadiness in my opinion.
I will agree. giving mom and pop who make 40 thou a year tops before overhead is fucked up and people will notice, giving walmart a fake hunned youll just get told to go away and not have it accepted or they might arrest you if the amount is over the state law regarding shoplifting or whatever other laws pertain therein

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads