EXPERIENCED READ (STUPID DONT COMMENT) Help,Advice,Knowledge and bunch of other stuff NEEDED

breakEM

Reaction score
Well already said i´m 21,and my destination would be Amsterdam.I´m from Croatia (bosnia actually nvm) and i´ve never squated,so the perfect time would be now summer (i assume cuz of equipment).
Dont have money (probably it is more interesting without money,i˙ve traveled without money but local)so i have few worries on my mind
1.Where/How to bath,eat,sleep (well i think sleep is the lesser problem but anyway)
2.What should i bring of cloths etc...
3.And about transportation (advices) cuz it is illegal?
4.Best place to meet other squater friendly people in my way?
and probably a lot more stuff that i can´t remember now
so if there´s anyone or if you know any squat house in amsterdam would like to now cuz i would really like to meet amsterdam
so thank you all for sharing your knowledge with me :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
amsterdam squats are pretty anti-foreigners, not in a racist/nationalist way, just in the way that "anarchists" always come to amsterdam and want to come and crash at their squats but rarely contribute to anything or even clean up after themselves, etc. so unless you know someone there your chances of getting into a squat there are pretty low.

also, the netherlands just passed a law making squatting illegal punishable by up to 2 years in prison. so have fun with that.

to answer your other questions, i would say search be board a little more, you'll find some useful info. also, try to make contact with real people that live in the areas you're interested in.

also, try not to make your thread titles quite so asinine and long.

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
I had a friend just come back from there recently and he had no trouble at all. But he is also in his late 30s and been traveling / squatting for many many years so that could be a part of it. Anyway I wish you luck on your adventures.

r3353

Reaction score
Some squatted buildings ive been to are very accepting ov new people and some are down-right fuckers in the whole matter. This is for buildings in various places, not just Amsterdam. But if you go in with a good attitude, it helps alot.
i dont understand the 3. question. Do you mean IN the city? or TO the city? Hitch Hiking works, never hopped the trains over the pond, but got kicked off alot ov passenger cars. And a bicycle shouldnt be TOO hard to find. It IS Amsterdam after all.
i know ov a Nomad Base there, but that is more for people IN-TRANSIT, than those moving there. Send me a message if your interested. They may be willing to help out.

breakEM

Reaction score
Some squatted buildings ive been to are very accepting ov new people and some are down-right fuckers in the whole matter. This is for buildings in various places, not just Amsterdam. But if you go in with a good attitude, it helps alot.
i dont understand the 3. question. Do you mean IN the city? or TO the city? Hitch Hiking works, never hopped the trains over the pond, but got kicked off alot ov passenger cars. And a bicycle shouldnt be TOO hard to find. It IS Amsterdam after all.
i know ov a Nomad Base there, but that is more for people IN-TRANSIT, than those moving there. Send me a message if your interested. They may be willing to help out.

Well i am going with good additude,i always loved to travel,just this is my first time doing something like this so i am a little bit of scared ^^ dont know how to say it...
3 questions are both IN and TO the city and they are mine main concerne,well only way for transportation i know is hitchiking...
So ofcourse i would be interested in Nomad Base,and sure i am in transit but would love to stay few day (depending on them) to meet a city and new people,i mean this is once in the lifetime,so would like to take everything out of it...
So my stations are something like this Zagreb-Ljubljana-Vienna-Berlin and finnaly Amsterdam so if you know anyone from there,or anyone who is squating there,any house,any interesting place,anything that i shouldn´t miss i would like to know...
I think i´ll begin for something aprox 30 day,so if theres anyone in Zagreb-Ljubljana-Vienna-Berlin-Amsterdam or any smaller city that comes in the way let me now so we can meet and travel together...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads