Ex Vandweller from Arkansas

Sheeves

Reaction score
Hey guys, what's up? I'm Mike. I'm 22 and from Arkansas.

After dropping out of college (computer science) and working a shitty job for minimum wage. I realized that "real" life sucks ass. Why work my life away for someone else? So I bought a van for $600 and got the fuck out. That was seven months ago. I lived out of the van busking and traveling with whoever needed a ride until it broke down in Wisconsin. After that I bought a bag and started hitchhiking. By the way, it's fucking cold as hell in Wisconsin. That's why I'm back in Arkansas, saving up some money for a passport, a camera and tickets to wherever. I didn't write much about my life in the van and I super regret that. I'm going to be documenting hardcore this time.

I'm somewhere between a hardcore train kid and a rainbow family hippie.

I plan to leave May 20th and I'm currently looking for a road dog so hit me up? Or if you want advice on Arkansas, 80's vans or guitar playing, let me know!

Kal

Reaction score
Welcome. Arkansas is a beautiful state. Have fun and most of all stay safe.

Reactions: Sheeves

el norte

Reaction score
Hey mate! Welcome.

Like you, I studied computer science, but I am currently doing a masters. I plan to be freelancing real soon so that I can continue the lifestyle.
I am from the States, having come from New England, but currently I am in Scotland.

Glad you decided to do what makes you happy. Keep going as long as you like; the road is mighty long, and maybe I'll bump into you.

Happy travels, and document!

Reaction score
Hey brother!

Arkie native here, 20 but travelled! Leaving in May? To? I'm in Baltimore headed to Colorado, then plan to hit up Ark after. What part ye in? I'm from mountain home :3

Sheeves

Reaction score
Hey! I don't have any real destination in mind. I haven't seen much of the east coast though. I want to see Asheville, NC for sure. And I also missed out on the Olympic Peninsula the last time I was in Washington. So I want to see that. I'm basically just looking for adventure! Sounds lame, but I think that's the best way to do things.

Oh! And Mountain Home is cool! I've lived all around the state, but grew up in Gravette, AR in the Northwest Corner. And I went to school in Russellville AR. I currently have a temp job in the shittown of Booneville, AR.

Hit me up when you get to Arkansas!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads